The More Cash Than Brains Track Bike The Worx WX-R Vorteq $39,000 ? :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Who's jealous? I wouldn't ride one of those carbon TT bike monstrosities even if you gave it to me for free.

Yes and look at those grapes, they're so very sour...

OP
OP
Anthony.R.Brown

Anthony.R.Brown

I saw a carbon fibre Bianchi in Cycling Plus a couple of years ago with a price tag of £11,000. :wacko:
I was talking to an LBS a while back and he knows of a manny who repairs carbon fibre frames, typically about four hundred a year.
Makes you wonder . :whistle:

What makes me sick about the whole thing is that somehow the Carbon bike manufactures are some how able to influence the media, and silence the truth as to just how serious the situation is!,more than likely using some threatening ways like not supplying vital Carbon spares needed to try and fix the problem,after they have sold their products to Cycle shops etc. with them wanting to cancel further orders.
Again money talks "The Root of Evil" :sad:

What makes me sick about the whole thing is that somehow the Carbon bike manufactures are some how able to influence the media, and silence the truth as to just how serious the situation is!,more than likely using some threatening ways like not supplying vital Carbon spares needed to try and fix the problem,after they have sold their products to Cycle shops etc. with them wanting to cancel further orders.
What vital carbon spares ?

Silencing the truth ?

Are you feeling ok ?

Reactions: C R
Let's not shut him down immediately. We may be on to something very funny and entertaining.

Come on mate, please elaborate. Tell us the truth about the carbon frames lobby.

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Anthony.R.Brown

Anthony.R.Brown

Carbon Fiber Care and Warnings...

http://www.rideyourbike.com/carbonfiber.shtml

vickster

Legendary Member
Those Americans seem to be very clumsy huh :whistle:

but you did see that your linked page says this…
Modern (2021) carbon is quite amazing and much safer than older carbon because of better quality control and knowledge from experience. Alway buy from a well known brand and avoid cheap carbon at all costs!
Which rather impacts your doomsayer message :scratch:

I doubt a pro track bike costing $39k is made of Chinarello carbon :okay:

Last edited:
I had that Giant TCR. Didn't break for me.

There's probably millions of CF frames out there. Putting up pictures of a few crashed bikes proves nothing.

You've still not explained the Big Carbon plot. What spares are they not providing and how are they gagging the press ? Throwing Emily Maitless the odd Pinarello ? Giving Jon Snow a Colnago ?

classic33

Leg End Member
No money, no bike. Whatever the materials used.

Unless you pinch it.

vickster

Legendary Member

There's probably millions of CF frames out there. Putting up pictures of a few crashed bikes proves nothing.

You've still not explained the Big Carbon plot. What spares are they not providing and how are they gagging the press ? Throwing Emily Maitless the odd Pinarello ? Giving Jon Snow a Colnago ?
I’d be upset if I were him as he has the Condor titanium I’ve always hankered after :wub:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

Thank god you're still alive after what must have been an edge of the saddle existence.

Spare frames, obvs., silly - change after each ride and hope for the best.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The OP makes a valid point about the media all jumping on the "carbon is great" bandwagon. Properly made carbon can be great, but it can also be badly made crap with structural defects and horrendous dimensional tolerance problems
Cycling industry journalists and publications want freebie stuff to review and write anout to sell magazines/advertising space.
Individual journos want to get paid for reviewing this stuff.
There's an unwritten law at work here; if someone sends you something FOC to test out, then try not to slag it off. Maximise the plus points and downplay any shortcomings in the product. Give the industry donor at least a reasonable review no matter what. Then they will send you more stuff again in future.

Top Bottom