The pleasures of vinyl...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
We all went to bed (tent) at a sensible time but our young trumpet player stayed up till about 4am and was heniously hungover when we hit the stage. But skip to the 1.50 point of this video and you'll see some major Davis style tube tooting from our young friend. This was filmed at Latitude festival and the trumpet playing was the highlight of our set by leagues. Enjoy.

View: https://youtu.be/ZQYOV-JPVJ8

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I'm going through a krautrock fascination of almost teenage like obsession. To the extend my band has gone a bit krautrock!

Hope you enjoy the journey.
My Krautrock fascination, as documented in here elsewhere, started with hearing Autobahn by Kraftwerk, this led on to reading about other German bands and Krautrock proper in the music press of the time. Of course Can were mentioned numerous times, then I found two pre-recorded cassettes on sale in The Bon (The Bon Marche, the department store in Gloucester when they were proper department stores) record department, they were Ege Bamyasi and Soon Over Babaluma, from then I was was hooked to the point of obsession too.
I think I have everything officially releasd by Can now except Onlyou, and I have a pirate copy of that. I have a few bootlegs too.
I'd like to hear your band's stuff.

I have a good few Steely Dan LP 's ,but Countdown to Ecstasy gets played the most.
Also an album called Images with pre Space Oddity tracks from Bowie.
Oh and Prince's 12" track called Girl.
I have hooked it up to my old surround system upstairs.
You ought to hear vinyl through that !!
Fantastic :becool:

My Krautrock fascination, as documented in here elsewhere, started with hearing Autobahn by Kraftwerk, this led on to reading about other German bands and Krautrock proper in the music press of the time. Of course Can were mentioned numerous times, then I found two pre-recorded cassettes on sale in The Bon (The Bon Marche, the department store in Gloucester when they were proper department stores) record department, they were Ege Bamyasi and Soon Over Babaluma, from then I was was hooked to the point of obsession too.
I think I have everything officially releasd by Can now except Onlyou, and I have a pirate copy of that. I have a few bootlegs too.

Ooooh,time to go back up the loft to get KW down :thumbsup:

Globalti

Legendary Member
FWIW my cycling buddy has an absolutely eff-off hifi system that cost a small fortune. He also has a huge record and CD collection so one rainy day when we didn't fancy getting wet he, my son and I sat down with a coffee each and listened to five identical recordings, first on vinyl and then on CD. The absence of pops and crackles was less important that I thought it would be but what was fascinating was that we all agreed that we liked the sound of the vinyl more - on classical as well as rock music vinyl records sounded more mellow and rich and less metallic and sharp.

FWIW my cycling buddy has an absolutely eff-off hifi system that cost a small fortune. He also has a huge record and CD collection so one rainy day when we didn't fancy getting wet he, my son and I sat down with a coffee each and listened to five identical recordings, first on vinyl and then on CD. The absence of pops and crackles was less important that I thought it would be but what was fascinating was that we all agreed that we liked the sound of the vinyl more - on classical as well as rock music vinyl records sounded more mellow and rich and less metallic and sharp.
Agreed! Have done the same myself with Naim Nait CD player vs Rega P3 same amp and speakers...vinyl wins particularly with vocals.Vinyl is always more engaging and has that je ne sais quoi if you pardon my French...rock on!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

Well there's some new names for me to look up there!

Here's me band https://thefailuremen.bandcamp.com/track/waiting-for-the-axe-to-fall

Top Bottom