The pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't say I've been in a pub. I've been to 2 restaurant so far (one outside). The only pub is the caravan site one and we've sat outside - all strictly covid safe and you have to book in advance. No walk ins, unless there are spaces in the booking schedule. 2 hour slots.

I believe Manchester City Centre is fairly busy and taking bookings only for many places.

johnblack

Über Member
My local has a fine array of leather chairs, perfect for late nights of boozing. My survey of three local pubs last night was that it was a night for the hardcore only, Thursday always used to be busy but none were last night. However, Friday nights have been extremely busy in my experience since the re-opening in April.

Chislenko

Veteran
Went for a few yesterday and the noticeable thing was lack of staff. Cheap town centre pub frequented by many on price but only one pulling the pints and one doing the table service.

Pub probably has seating for 70-80. In the previous table service time there was about 10 staff.

Most of the staff that were previously there appear to have disappeared. These were local people not uni students so not as if they have gone back home.

Have heard a lot of hospitality struggling to get staff but thought this was more of an issue whereby a lot of EU people had gone back, as I say all the ones missing were locals who had been at the pub for years.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I drove down to my local pub last night,intending to have a solitary pint and my customary banana. I settled for a half after seeing men in there wearing cargo shorts..... and vests! :ohmy: 🧐

Last edited:

Seevio

Guru
I particularly like the dazzle camouflage on the stairs.

Top Bottom