The responsibilities of a taxi driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm not comfortable with all this Welsh abuse. I don't think it's appropriate, not even as jokes.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm not comfortable with all this Welsh abuse. I don't think it's appropriate, not even as jokes.
Och, it's allowed if the "abusers" are Welch, like me saying " that's foreigners for you" - me being a foreign national in the uk :rolleyes:
Anyhow, I get it @guyingognito76 @ Idoru are lightly bantering so I shall visit North Wales in denims and tee shirt, bringing along my best bike.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Wales was conquered by England. So effectively Wales is Enlgand, TBH I dont know what I was talking about. I am a 'spur of the moment' person and often make mistakes if I act on that. After reflection though, I know I was wrong but certain things cannot be retracted. As a result I have toned down the posting for a while.

PK99

Legendary Member
When in a hole and all that!
Tell you what- I'll take you for a beer down Tafarn Y Glôb, in Bangor, and let you repeat that there!

from an online review:

The Globe in Upper Bangor is busy around 6 months of the year. Its when the students are in study it becomes busy.
The bar staff are all welsh, and like the first review they do not converse in English to you, even though they know you cannot understand.

J.Primus

from an online review:

The Globe in Upper Bangor is busy around 6 months of the year. Its when the students are in study it becomes busy.
The bar staff are all welsh, and like the first review they do not converse in English to you, even though they know you cannot understand.

Sounds grim. Why would you pride yourself on being rude.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Wales was conquered by England. So effectively Wales is Enlgand,
What the....:stop: why bother?
Funnily enough Pembrokeshire, my neck of the woods is occasonally referred to as "Little England beyond Wales" on account I believe of the amount of English folk that have moved here, however call it that to a born and bred Pembrokeshire lad or lass and prepare yourself for the backlash:boxing:

(Even from the poor ones)

benb

Evidence based cyclist
What the....:stop: why bother?
Funnily enough Pembrokeshire, my neck of the woods is occasonally referred to as "Little England beyond Wales" on account I believe of the amount of English folk that have moved here, however call it that to a born and bred Pembrokeshire lad or lass and prepare yourself for the backlash:boxing:

(Even from the poor ones)

I thought it was Haverfordwest that was known as Little England? I may be wrong.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I thought it was Haverfordwest that was known as Little England? I may be wrong.
To the best of my knowledge it's South Pembrokeshire, certainly you wouldn't refer to the North as Little England as it's much more "Welshy". You could be right however I'll try to check, I'm not local myself having come from the much rougher and tougher streets of Newport.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wales was conquered by England. So effectively Wales is Enlgand, TBH I dont know what I was talking about. I am a 'spur of the moment' person and often make mistakes if I act on that. After reflection though, I know I was wrong but certain things cannot be retracted. As a result I have toned down the posting for a while.

Re-read your text then press 'Post Reply' button. Saves digging a bigger hole ! :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Jesus Wept :angry:

Top Bottom