The responsibilities of a taxi driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guyincognito76

from an online review:

The Globe in Upper Bangor is busy around 6 months of the year. Its when the students are in study it becomes busy.
The bar staff are all welsh, and like the first review they do not converse in English to you, even though they know you cannot understand.

They'll ask you what you want in Welsh, what else would they possibly say to you when you go to the bar? If you order in English they'll continue serving you in English. So, the same as if you were abroad then.

Guyincognito76

Wales was conquered by England. So effectively Wales is Enlgand, TBH I dont know what I was talking about. I am a 'spur of the moment' person and often make mistakes if I act on that. After reflection though, I know I was wrong but certain things cannot be retracted. As a result I have toned down the posting for a while.

That is the opinion held by most English settlers, I'm afraid. Don't get them started on bilingual signs.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Are there still Welsh separatists? Serious question!

There was the Meibion Glyndŵr (sons of Glyndwr) up to the 90s. Little activity since - though pressure groups like Cymdeithas yr Iaith Newydd are still going - campaigning (peacefully!) on language issues. It's a while since I moved away though so others will know more.

Robson3022

This has been said before on posts but this is car crash internet. I laugh, cry and get angry at Matthew_T's threads but just cant not read them. I don't think this helps the lad!!!

Guyincognito76

A parade goes up my road every year to commemorate the blokes that blew themselves up trying to either blow up, or just inconvince (whoever you want to believe) Charlie on his why to get a shinny hat from his mum.

Top Bottom