The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Bright and sunny here. Am doing a long way round to the pub ride this morning.i am training up an iron man.only the riding side of it. This will be her 4th one. At the moment she can just stay with me. But it will not be long before she will leave me in her dust.its all good fun. I get a couple of beers. She gets coffee.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Not yet. I try to stay away from pills and potions as much as I can

I agree but unfortunately I have to take a number of drugs. My GP has been very helpful in reducing these to the absolute minimum.

Bimuno in my opinion isn't a pill or potion. It's intended action is to improve digestion by encouraging bacteria which are natutal to digestion.

The only ingredients are milk products.

I've just ordered some to try. Presumably if you're taking it more to aid sleep than any digestive problems, it would be better to take it in the evening?

Yes I take mine 10-15 minutes before going to bed. I have always fallen asleep very quickly, within minutes of getting in to bed. What has changed is I no longer wake around 3-4.00 am with an active mind and unable to sleep again which was the case for 30+ years. If I wake to go to the bathroom I sleep again very easily. I regularly sleep for 7,8,9 hours when before 5 or 6 was a good night. As I need to go bed around 10.00 pm I was often awake from 3-4.00am.

My wife gave me Bimuno when I came out of hospital to improve my digestion. She knew about, but did not tell me of, the sleep side effect. It was only when my sleep improved dramatically she brought this up. It took around 8-10 days to kick in.

This is not clinically proven but the digestion side is. There are though good reports from medical people. My advice would be to focus on the digestion to distract from the hope of improved sleep - if that makes sense?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Bright and sunny here. Glad I dont live near Welshie, its always raining there^_^
Actually rain is forcast for here later.
Strange yesterday, rain was forcast for all day drom 08.00 but it didnt arrive till 15.00 and by then our golf was finished.
Got to nip out early as I need a cable for the computer. No idea what I am doing later, it may be just a chill day with lunch at the pub.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Devon and Cornwall Police seek escaped squid!

Following an incident in which the driver of the vehicle involved stated "they swerved to avoid an octopus". They now believe it may actually have been a squid from a restaurant, which somehow escaped.

The driver involved passed all roadside tests, after the incident.
Blimey, where have you been? That was ages ago.
Mind you, I suppose news takes a while to reach oop north.....:laugh:

Top Bottom