The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
That's a lovely photo Mo, very seasonal. Must be very tempting to wrap up warm and have a trek on them hills! :okay:
I’m thinking about heading up one of the smaller ones on the outskirts of the town. The weather is so changeable though. In 20 minutes I might not even be able to see the hills when the next lot of heavy rain/sleet comes over.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I wish these bleeding roof coating firms would do one. They are constantly doing the rounds.
Does anyone actually think it’s a good idea? I’m sure they blast the protective layer off your tiles when they power wash it, then the coating looks awful after just a few years and needs done again. Bleeding expensive rip off methinks.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I wish these bleeding roof coating firms would do one. They are constantly doing the rounds.
Does anyone actually think it’s a good idea? I’m sure they blast the protective layer off your tiles when they power wash it, then the coating looks awful after just a few years and needs done again. Bleeding expensive rip off methinks.
A fair and accurate assessment, IMHO.

Locally, it is “tree surgeons” we are pestered by. ;)

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Putting the world to rights over a pint at lunchtime; MrsD and I decided that we should just think ' feck 'em all'. Things can change a fair bit and it would have little effect on our lifestyle. Politics, fashions, trends and social media have virtually no effect on us.
We're alright, worked all our lives, paid for everything, owe nobody, got our health, no financial worries and still got aspirations.
In fact, our finances can only get better with state pensions on the horizon.
It made us realise just how fortunate we are.
We've lived healthy, interesting and exciting lives.
I could die tomorrow and be a contented man.
Life is good. ^_^

I'm going for a nap now............

Dave7

Legendary Member
We decided to have a JeniRics (local chinese) for lunch as they do a choice of 6 meals each day. We got there a bit late and three of the dishes were running low.....so, in seperate containers she gave me the lot. Blimey, it would feed 6. So.......3 meals with a full portion of rice and a full portion of chips......£5.25 😊
The wine is also nice.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Putting the world to rights over a pint at lunchtime; MrsD and I decided that we should just think ' feck 'em all'. Things can change a fair bit and it would have little effect on our lifestyle. Politics, fashions, trends and social media have virtually no effect on us.
We're alright, worked all our lives, paid for everything, owe nobody, got our health, no financial worries and still got aspirations.
Life is good. ^_^

I agree with you 99.999% but just remember that life can decide to bite you in the arse at any time.
Me and Mrs D seem to be in a similar position to you and I was smugly feeling soooo healthy when the big C came calling. Then my back and sciatica have been sh*t since October.
May your good health and good fortune continue for many years.
I am planning to golf tomorrow and try a ride this weekend so feeling good.

D

Deleted member 1258

The little toe that I stubbed Sunday was a lovely shade of purple yesterday, today most of that has gone, but its driving me up the wall today constantly itching and it woke me up several times in the night doing that. :angry:

D

Deleted member 1258

Life is good. ^_^

I agree with you 99.999% but just remember that life can decide to bite you in the arse at any time.
Me and Mrs D seem to be in a similar position to you and I was smugly feeling soooo healthy when the big C came calling. Then my back and sciatica have been sh*t since October.
May your good health and good fortune continue for many years.
I am planning to golf tomorrow and try a ride this weekend so feeling good.

Indeed, you two are very fortunate, we haven't lived as interesting lives as you two and I only have the state pension and a small works pension to live on, but I have the most important thing to have, good health, its a shame my Good Lady isn't as fortunate.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I've had a good few arse bites along the way, in fact I'm lucky to be here at all, but somehow have ended up in a good place.
If you'd told me things would be like this now, say 20 or 30 years ago, I would never have believed you.
I always was jammy git. :smile:

Top Bottom