The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Gavroche.
I would stick a quick question on the relevant CC thread ie best machine for £x. You may get some good, quick help. Can't do any harm.
Last year we bought a new Samsung and are extremely happy with it. If you are interested I will give you the model etc.
I would welcome that but bear in mind that my wife will have the last word as I never touch the washing machine.^_^:whistle::okay:

Exlaser2

Veteran
Evening all. I seem to have spent all day either cleaning or shopping for my mum , my in laws or for myself. No one told me retirement was going to be like this lol lol lol . I think my plan for tomorrow is ,a nice walk to the butchers ( scotch eggs might be on the menu) . Then a nice 20 mile ride in the afternoon , might even stop for a takeaway coffee .😀

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
It had to happen I guess. :sad:
You may remember a few weeks back I said the bearing on the washing machine was on its out ? Well, I think it had words with some of the electronic components and decided to call it a day so now my wife said we need a new one. All appliance shops are still closed so we will have to get one on line, without actually seeing it , so will have to rely and trust the reviews.
Guess what we will be doing later? I suppose it will be a choice between AO and Currys.
We bought a Samsung washing machine, from AO. Had it 4 years now, no problems, has 10 year warranty.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good evening folks,
The sun is streaming through the windows, I've just partaken of a delicious leek risotto while supping on a glass of "Layer Cake" from our local Eight Arch brewery.

A running buddy I've not seen since lockdown began dropped a 4 pack of Westons Vintage Organic cider round and we were able to have a socially distanced natter. While Zoom is a godsend, a real world natter is more satisfying to the soul.
Tomorrow will see me tackle the weekly club challenge which is 5 miles, then I shall jump on the turbo for the last day of my virtual LEJOG. It will be 39 days and 1613km.

Have a lovely evening 👍

pawl

Legendary Member
If I could just pop in and ask @PaulSB about compost bins
We had one several years ago but got rid of it because of rats. Mrs Tenkay has a very strong aversion to rats and I've seen the occasional one peek out from under the shed.
Is there a specific compost bin you would recommend that is rat resistant?

Never had a problem with rats.A neighbour had a rat problem he had been putting in left over cooked food.

The only problem I’ve had was a wasps nest.

Don’t site your bin on a hard surface as it prevents things like worms entering the bin which helps in the rotting process.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We bought a Samsung washing machine, from AO. Had it 4 years now, no problems, has 10 year warranty.
We bought a Samsung EcoBubble washing machine about 6 - 7 years ago.
Nothings gone wrong with it and MrsD says that it's the best machine she's ever had.
It came with a 10 year guarantee as well.
Bought online from AO, who I would recommend any day.

classic33

Leg End Member
It had to happen I guess. :sad:
You may remember a few weeks back I said the bearing on the washing machine was on its out ? Well, I think it had words with some of the electronic components and decided to call it a day so now my wife said we need a new one. All appliance shops are still closed so we will have to get one on line, without actually seeing it , so will have to rely and trust the reviews.
Guess what we will be doing later? I suppose it will be a choice between AO and Currys.
You've Argos.

classic33

Leg End Member
Spent this morning doing the cleaning, amongst other things battling with the R2D2 style vacuum cleaner that drags along behind you and is forever getting caught in things, it always seems to be the wrong side of a door, the wrong side of a corner, the wrong side of the cable. Made me wonder whether George Lucas had that sort of vacuum cleaner in mind when he invented C3PO and R2D2, C3PO is the human figure trying to get the job done and R2D2 always lagging behind and holding him back.
You mean

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good evening folks,
The sun is streaming through the windows, I've just partaken of a delicious leek risotto while supping on a glass of "Layer Cake" from our local Eight Arch brewery.

A running buddy I've not seen since lockdown began dropped a 4 pack of Westons Vintage Organic cider round and we were able to have a socially distanced natter. While Zoom is a godsend, a real world natter is more satisfying to the soul.
Tomorrow will see me tackle the weekly club challenge which is 5 miles, then I shall jump on the turbo for the last day of my virtual LEJOG. It will be 39 days and 1613km.

Have a lovely evening 👍
Sounds like a very satisfactory day

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well, there's early.......then there's stupid:wacko:
But at least I'm not the only one here^_^
Got up for a five O'clock pee and decided I may as well stay up.
Debated an early ride but think I will let it warm up first, maybe go about 0930-1000.
Will do an early Aldi dash, never anyone in at 0745 so I can be home again by 0815.
I finished digging the floeer beds yesterday and ley the sprinkler do its work. Today I will spread some of that compost where I will be putting the plants........MrsD has heard they have some at Morrisons so is going there early doors (if she gets out of bed).
Now for my coffee ^_^

Top Bottom