The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichardB

Slightly retro
Hopefully get a ride this afternoon........

I'm guessing on the bike. :angel:

Up at 5 here, in work by 6.40, now sitting at this barrier again. Quite nice really - PC with internet, two-hour stints before relief comes, and my supervisor is bringing me a coffee shortly - and he makes good coffee. I've had worse jobs. Block of shifts ends today, then no work until just before Christmas. Time to play with the new bits for the lightweight build.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A quick good morning before I nip to Aldi.
I seemed to spend half of yesterday in bed. When that fatigue strikes its a real b*stard.
I woke ok at 0600.
Back in bed 0800--10.00
Up for an hour
Back in bed for 2 hours.
And each time I really slept heavy.
Feel much better this morning though (I think).

RichardB

Slightly retro
A couple/few questions (showing my ignorance).
Can you get LED bulbs with the same bayonet fittings ?
Do LED bulbs produce more heat (some of our shades are very clear about the bulb power we can use.

Ours are all BC (bayonet) fittings, so a straight swap. Don't know about ES/SES fittings, but I would imagine the same. LED bulbs run cool (makes sense, they are drawing a lot less power) so no issues with heat. Just make sure you get the equivalent power right - a 7W LED bulb gives the same light as a 40W incandescent (approximate figures, don't rely) - so check the packaging. Get one, you won't regret it!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Was in earlier but it was quiet.

10k run done, bath had and now sat down with my brekkie. Mild at the moment but the temperature is to drop steadily as the day goes on and the next couple of nights look cold with the chance of sleety showers so might be slippy.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Talking of LEDs; I've recently changed all of the lighting in my caravan over to LED. Quite a saving on current draw when using the van off grid.
Good news on the vaccine, hopefully us old gits will be at the head of the queue.
Doggie walking first thing then a stroll down to the village for some shopping and a swift Scotch egg (or two) on the way back. ;)

Good morning all, forecast not too bad for today.

Still getting to grips with the laws re crossing over the level 3 and 4 local authority boundaries. Informal rides are allowed to cross into a neighbouring authority but they are limited to 6 people from 2 households. Club rides are allowed 7 people from 7 households, obviously a much bigger risk and hence the extra restriction on them that they are not allowed across the boundary. The local CTC have now taken this on board and are attempting to keep a programme of rides going, somehow limiting them to within the city boundary. Basically the roads you would normally take to leave the city, only now when you reach the boundary, the point where normally you’d start to breathe fresh air and escape the traffic, now you have to turn around and head back into it all again :sad:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Talking of LEDs; I've recently changed all of the lighting in my caravan over to LED. Quite a saving on current draw when using the van off grid.
Good news on the vaccine, hopefully us old gits will be at the head of the queue.
Doggie walking first thing then a stroll down to the village for some shopping and a swift Scotch egg (or two) on the way back. ;)

Main meal or starter?? :laugh:

Top Bottom