The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Keep it. If they can’t find a reliable vaccine for the common cold which is a coronavirus in tens of years, they ain’t sticking something in me that’s been produced in months! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Keep it. If they can’t find a reliable vaccine for the common cold which is a coronavirus in tens of years, they ain’t sticking something in me that’s been produced in months! :laugh:
Makes more sense, along with money, not to have a cure for the common cold available. Just think of all those "cold cures" that would disappear from the shelves if they allowed a cure.

Edited to say, maybe they have!
https://www.menshealth.com/uk/health/a29084106/scientists-may-have-found-a-cure-for-the-common-cold/

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have to discover why the rear wheel on my bike continues to go round when I pull the lever!! :sad::blink:
The little one is a gear lever, Paul... Try the bigger one in front of it! :okay:

I woke up early (09:45) because I forgot to turn the timer off on the CH after my cold-suffering bubble pal went home yesterday. It gets too warm in here if I am still in bed.

Considering that at 05:15 I was still awake, I don't feel rested. In fact (as usual), I feel more tired now than I do before going to bed! That's what comes of messing about with screenfuls of geometric shapes until 02:30 and then putting the TV on... :wacko:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
These lockdown rules make no sense whatsoever. I can't have anyone in my home or in my garden, but I can meet up with 4 people, from 4 different houses indoors or outdoors .:crazy:

Gyms are open, as are most other places. I can go on holiday anywhere in Wales, but I can't have anyone in my home or garden. What a load of b******s.

RichardB

Slightly retro

Now, I am as cynical as anyone about all of this, but I'm not worried about the short time-scale. There was a scientist on TV recently explaining this. Apparently, the development and testing phases have taken exactly as long as they would usually do, and have not been compromised. The length of time a vaccine takes to be ready is mainly composed of waiting for funding decisions, bureaucratic delays while committees are got together, and so on. Once you fast-track all the peripheral stuff, getting a vaccine to market is indeed a relatively quick process. That made a lot of sense to me, and I can accept it.

There's probably a lesson for the future here as well.

RichardB

Slightly retro
These lockdown rules make no sense whatsoever. I can't have anyone in my home or in my garden, but I can meet up with 4 people, from 4 different houses indoors or outdoors .:crazy:

Gyms are open, as are most other places. I can go on holiday anywhere in Wales, but I can't have anyone in my home or garden. What a load of b******s.

As I read on Twitter yesterday: "I can sleep with the same woman for 37 years, but I can't share a restaurant table with her."

Dave7

Legendary Member
You are forgiven.... this time ;)
Hang on..... lets not be too hasty. Has he said his hail Mary's ??

classic33

Leg End Member

And pubs can't sell alcohol. In Wales at least.

Top Bottom