The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
They are the Schwalbe One, not sure if they're the racers, but they've got a nice sleek tread....

View attachment 587436
I have a pair of those in the shed. Spares for one of my Brommies. They never seemed to be in stock, I spoke with Brompton about availability and to paraphrase the person I spoke with, they were expecting stock " as soon as Schwalbe can be bothered to make some for us " I thought it best to get a pair in case they stopped making them.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
A restless night so I thought I'd pop in and say good morning. A visit from daughter and granddaughter to look forward to today 😁 Mrs Tenkaykev is off to walk the middle bit of the John Muir way in June. Our daughter in Edinburgh has wangled a few days off work and will be joining her. Be good for them to have a bit of daughter / mum time together.
Dawn chorus is going full pelt as I type, reminds me of camping when I walked the Path, and being astonished at how noisy the countryside was!

Have a lovely day folks,
Stay Safe

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have a pair of those in the shed. Spares for one of my Brommies. They never seemed to be in stock, I spoke with Brompton about availability and to paraphrase the person I spoke with, they were expecting stock " as soon as Schwalbe can be bothered to make some for us " I thought it best to get a pair in case they stopped making them.
Rather partial to Schwalbe Ones too, along with Vittoria Rubino Pro they are usually my go to tyres.

Minus 1 here but looking lovely so quick coffee then out for a wander.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Many years ago, when I was using a windows PC, I've been on Linux for a long time now, I lost count of how often I won the Nigerian lottery, I won it many times but never entered it. ^_^
I have posted this before but some time ago a guy in Warrington believed this Nigerian prince thing and went ahead with it
They totally cleaned him out (think it was £20K+) .....hard to understand but he really did swallow it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.....hope all is well for you.
I seem to have created a vicious circle for myself.
I wake at stupid O'clock.....which I love. Nice to enjoy a coffee while watching the dawn arrive.
Then, later on, I am knackered and go to bed stupidly early.

We have decided on a BIG lunch (phad thai takeaway) with a bottle of plonk and a couple of films we have recorded.
Then maybe a kip which will enable me to stay up later.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello:

Tenkaykev

Guru
I wake at stupid O'clock.....which I love. Nice to enjoy a coffee while watching the dawn arrive.

We have decided on a BIG lunch (phad thai takeaway) with a bottle of plonk and a couple of films we have recorded.

Sounds like a plan Dave 🍷🍷

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning from a sunny Barnet.
Sainsburys are delivering the fortnightly supplies this morning, 09.35-10.35. So the dog walking will will be done soon.

We have a meeting of the escape committee this afternoon at the Mitre to partake of a few ales and chew over the news of the week. :cheers:

Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

Mo1959

Legendary Member

Any word on your neighbour who had the stroke? Hope she makes a good recovery. No indications that it could have had anything to do with the Covid jab?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have posted this before but some time ago a guy in Warrington believed this Nigerian prince thing and went ahead with it
They totally cleaned him out (think it was £20K+) .....hard to understand but he really did swallow it.

Sorry, but stupid is as stupid does. A person's greed outweighs they're common sense and sometimes. They do get what they deserve.

Top Bottom