The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hmmm. Wonder if I should walk. Local page has people saying there’s black ice under the snow! That’s what hurt my wrist last winter when I fell. I just can’t risk any more injuries.
If you don't feel comfortable with the idea then stay safe and warm.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
First reports from the local page is lots of trees down across roads m roads shut. Trains not running and lots of debris on the roads.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Phew! What a night!
Woken around 1am by the sound of our black wheelie bin being blown over. Drifted back to sleep, only to be woken up again by the doorbell ringing (power cut). Fell asleep again only to be woken up at 0245 by a loud Crash! Bang! Wallop! Got up to investigate and found a ridge tile had blown off the roof, tumbled down it and smashed outside our bedroom window. Hey ho! Nothing I can do about it at this time of the morning - so back to sleep. One hour later the dog wants to go out for a wee. I got up and let her out the back - only to see our fence swaying back and forth. Hour later, door bell rings again (another power cut). Finally got up at 6.30.......and yes.......the fence has fallen. Oh, and my wheelie bin has disappeared.
So, today, instead of going to the Christmas Pannier market in South Molton as planned, I shall be sorting out a roofer, a fencer, trying to trace my wheelie bin. I'll then have a nap to catch up on my sleep.
Last night was the icing on the cake. So far this week my CH boiler has played up, a light fitting in the bathroom has packed up and I've got a slow puncture on the car. :sad:
On the positive side - we've worked out that when MrsD gets her State pension, we'll be able to save a grand a month. :smile:

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning all :hello:

Phew! What a night!
Woken around 1am by the sound of our black wheelie bin being blown over. Drifted back to sleep, only to be woken up again by the doorbell ringing (power cut). Fell asleep again only to be woken up at 0245 by a loud Crash! Bang! Wallop! Got up to investigate and found a ridge tile had blown off the roof, tumbled down it and smashed outside our bedroom window. Hey ho! Nothing I can do about it at this time of the morning - so back to sleep. One hour later the dog wants to go out for a wee. I got up and let her out the back - only to see our fence swaying back and forth. Hour later, door bell rings again (another power cut). Finally got up at 6.30.......and yes.......the fence has fallen. Oh, and my wheelie bin has disappeared.
So, today, instead of going to the Christmas Pannier market in South Molton as planned, I shall be sorting out a roofer, a fencer, trying to trace my wheelie bin. I'll then have a nap to catch up on my sleep.
Last night was the icing on the cake. So far this week my CH boiler has played up, a light fitting in the bathroom has packed up and I've got a slow puncture on the car. :sad:
On the positive side - we've worked out that when MrsD gets her State pension, we'll be able to save a grand a month. :smile:

Hope you get things back in order.

I cent wait to get my pension.:okay:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Hmmm. Wonder if I should walk. Local page has people saying there’s black ice under the snow! That’s what hurt my wrist last winter when I fell. I just can’t risk any more injuries.
I think so. I’m terrified of falling again. I think another injury would finish my days of serious exercise completely. Got to look after the body these days.
Another reason to lie low . Your on the most wanted list after yesterdays audacious raid on your local co-op store .^_^

Top Bottom