The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I shall come back to this thread this time next year. 44 years on the railways will be enough, so next March when I am 60 I shall be taking my pension.
You can maybe then take up model railways like me.

Lee_M

Guru
Got up early today had coffee and pain chocolat with my wife and the dog, took the dog out for a walk then a brisk 10 mile ride along the coast. This afternoon I'm off into that London (spitalfields) to look at bikes and drink wine.

What a splendid day

Dave7

Legendary Member
Am I reading this correctly...........this thread was only started a couple of days ago and is already 5 pages long ? I had no idea \I was associating with so many old farts :smile:
I was fortunate in as much as I was able to retire aged 63 (7 years ago) and "sold" my little business. I'm not 'minted' but more comfortable that I ever thought I would be.
I play golf twice a week (Wednesday & Thursday) then have a couple of pints and some grub with "the lads".
I cycle once a week or more in decent weather. Just 30-50 milers. Sometimes road, sometimes off-road.
Mrs Dave and I do some walking combined with some bird watching.........sometimes on local reserves-sometimes on the Wirral.
At this stage in life I have decided........gardening and any jobs that need doing----I pay someone to do them (I mow the lawns though). I would rather be enjoying myself and getting some exercise in.
AND..............
It is now 11:40 in the morning. I am about to cook an "all day" breakfast for us which will be accompanied by a nice bottle of red wine.
I just love being retired.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Stopped off for a Hocking's ice cream for elevenses at Appledore.
20170407_121942.jpg

Decided to return to Braunton for the pensioners special Fish and Chips for lunch at the Agricultural Inn.:okay:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just had a fry up for lunch. Time for a siesta to regain my composure.
It's tough at the top! :laugh:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I might have to have an 'executive power nap' to work off the F&C and 2 pints of Amstel Gold.
Lawn can wait until tomorrow.

Top Bottom