The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

View attachment 626904
Fortunately this village is not on your regular cycle routes :laugh::laugh::laugh:.
Sorry @dave r not much on TV .

Green Planet was very good tonight, even though I missed a chunk of it, we also spent an hour talking to our eldest via a messenger video link, I've also spent some time with the Taelons, its an old science fiction series I found online, Earth Final Conflict, its not brilliant but fine for passing a winters evening, I've got the washing up to do then it will be time to help my Good Lady get ready for bed.

Last edited by a moderator:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Green Planet was very good tonight, even though I missed a chunk of it, we also spent an hour talking t our eldest via a messenger video link, I've also spent some time with the Taelons, its an old science fiction series I found online, Earth Final Conflict, its not brilliant but fine for passing a winters evening, I've got the washing up to do then it will be time to help my Good Lady get ready for bed.

It was excellent

GM

Legendary Member
What a great week it's been for the snooker, absolutely stunning!

Alan at Ally Pally.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The phone I have just bought on eBay (I am still waiting for it to arrive) was used on ID Mobile, which piggybacks on Three. IDM do better value packages than GG so if it turns out that the phone is locked to Three, I would be tempted to transfer to IDM.
I just checked with IDM - they only locked iPhones, and that was 2018 and earlier. One less thing to worry about...

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Looks cold out and there is a frost but I haven't ventured out to check how heavy it is.

Today has started badly. I lost the Reply Button so cleared the cache. My Wordle history has disappeared 😢 This is serious. I was 100%. What sort of website is this Shaun bloke running? Huh? I mean, come on, my Wordle history is important!! :ohmy:

Today? Well I'm going to do an hour's cycle club admin next. Out on the bike at 8.30. Important get fit decisions taken over the weekend:
  • Change route to meet point
  • Include two local climbs
  • Extend by 5 miles
  • Repeat the climbs on the way home
  • All winter rides on the small ring to encourage a better rhythm, cadence and spin
  • No sprinting till the Cervelo comes out to play in April
Speaking of the Cervelo this week she's going for a major overhaul. Strip everything off, deep clean frame and all components, consider replacing/upgrading components as needed.

Thoughts please guys 'n' gals. I've always ridden 105. I'm considering upgrading to Ultegra. I don't care about the weight saving, would I see a worthwhile improvement? The LBS have said "we might think about oval rings." Again any experience out there?

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Not mine, it's in the jokes thread but in case you miss it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. As with others, I got Wordle quicker this morning too. :laugh:

Been a breezy night here. I had the window open and the blinds were moving around.

Re group sets, I still think 105 is probably the sweet spot and can’t say I notice much difference with Ultegra. In fact one of my bikes with Sora has always felt really sweet changing gears.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
An icy start to the day here :cold:
A nice day for a dog walk later.
Hopefully I'll get out on the bike later, well wrapped up though.
The washing machine is doing it's stuff, so it's all systems go in chez Paulus.
Enjoy your day everyone :cuppa:

monkers

Veteran
Good morning folks. A good weekend was had with Pete, an old work colleague, for company. I did miss out on some riding though the weather looks agreeable enough today to get out; I'm going to make the most of it, I might even hug a few trees and take some pictures today on my way round the loop that I often do.

I had a go at the Wordle first thing this morning while waiting for the kettle - fourth day of Wordling and again got the word in three.

Hoping that everyone has an agreeable day.

Top Bottom