The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
WoW I'm lucky to get 28 mpg out of my 2.0 Mondeo
I got 28.5 mpg towing a 480 size caravan back the 100 miles from Perranporth the other week. That was back up the coast road, not on the A30.
Got to admit I'm well impressed with the CRV. It's comfy, economic, capable off road, tows well and fun to drive.
The Honda C-DTi 2.2 diesel is an absolute jewell of an engine.
Gonna keep this one for a couple of years then might trade it in for a newer version.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
just walked 3 miles and with the wind it feels like it's freezing:cold:

I hope you were wearing clothes young man. ^_^

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Remember the old days when you just turned up at the ground and paid the man on the turnstile.

Yes, those were the days. Today I had to log into their web site before the tickets went on sale and kept hitting refresh to make sure I was first in the queue. Got the tickets so I'm in Mrs. jg's good books for now.

Dont you like Mrs jg then :rolleyes:

I love her dearly but don't share her love of Sunderland. I am a Leeds United season ticket holder and the 1973 FA cup final still comes up in arguments here. I will be going to Bristol with her though as it's one of my favourite UK cities and I still haven't been to all it's pubs.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Lack of beer? :scratch:
Now thats not fair. I automatically assumed there was some real ale to wash it down with.

D

Deleted member 1258

Shopping done. Filled up the Honda CRV at ASDA as it's the cheapest around here.
Averaged 54 mpg on the way back - 16 miles from Bideford to Braunton - not bad for a 2.2 ltr diesel AWD SUV. :okay:

Doing better than my little 1.2 Suzuki Swift, at the moment around 45 mpg.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1258

Did all my excercises then spent so long looking for the damned missing passport that the planned bike ride is history.
Golfing Wednesday & Thursday but Friday is looking good.... I really will get one in then.

My good lady has a second doctors appointment tomorrow, to look at the test results, it means I can't get to my usual yoga class, but its early enough that I should have time to get a bike ride in.

Top Bottom