The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Morning Mr Happy. What's wrong
Tired, worn out and...................I'm thinking about that one

D

Deleted member 1258

Looks like I've got a couple of expensive Thursdays coming up, this Thursday the door man cometh, he's fitting a new back door, the old one is rotten, next Thursday the car goes for MOT and service.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. That's a real shame I missed you Dave, we'll have to go back and do it again. I got back about 1.30 and just flopped for the rest of the day. It was a shock to the system getting off the plane :cold:.
That might have been my other brother's that you saw in the square, two of us hired a couple of flat bar BSO's that weighed a ton for the afternoon and managed to get 30km. It certainly a brilliant place for cycling, definitely a must go back place!
I got back at 1500 yesterday.
Re your brothers. I guessed because one of them was happy to link with iether of the others and the age range was about right.
As I said, I had 3 pints lined up for you and was forced to drink them myself:rolleyes:.
The cycling is excellent. I am not into long distances or BIG climbs so found plenty to do. Mainly 40ish milers. We hired flat bar bikes and on 2 short stretches were forced to walk as the gearing wasnt up for it.

Last edited:

GM

Legendary Member
I got back at 1500 yesterday.
Re your brothers. I guessed because one of them was happy to link with iether of the others and the age range was about right.
As I said, I had 3 pints lined up for you and was forced to drink them myself:rolleyes:.
The cycling is excellent. I am not into long distances or BIG climbs so found plenty to do. Mainly 40ish milers. We hired flat bar bikes and on 2 short stretches were forced to walk as the gearing wasnt up for it.

You probably guessed right there Dave!... I think they were looking for a bar that was showing the West Ham v Everton game ⚽
If you ever fancy going there again I wouldn't take much persuading, the way I felt this morning I could have easily jumped on a ✈ to go back!

Dave7

Legendary Member
You probably guessed right there Dave!... I think they were looking for a bar that was showing the West Ham v Everton game ⚽
If you ever fancy going there again I wouldn't take much persuading, the way I felt this morning I could have easily jumped on a ✈ to go back!
I thought they all looked a bit lost. Going to watch Everton says it all. :wacko:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
People ask why I love to cycle. Here we are at 10.00 Sunday morning. At the top of Jeffrey Hill looking out over the Ribble Valley. Could there be anything better?? Not for me.

Top Bottom