The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just done the bike, situps and weights. During my stretches my hip and groin hurt. Doing the situps my chest hurt. Then I realised its the first time I've done them since I came off the bike.
Quite happy that I was able to get through them though.

D

Deleted member 1258

Its empty! Only took me two hours, we've now got stuff stacked everywhere, I think a serious declutter is needed.

pawl

Legendary Member
Me being the olden, it was a genuine, just tried to fill a glass topped jar without taking the lid off first, I am going crazy or just getting old.
[/QUOTE

I meant the joke.Last night Mrs p asked me to bring her drink up stairs.Got half way up and realised I had her mobile phone rather than the drink she had asked for.My biggest recurring mistake is opening the broom cupboard door when I am meant to open the freezer door.My excuse is the freezer stands next to the cupboard door๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Perhaps we should form a support group.

So do I.Tried the peanut butter one with Marmite,utter crap My recipe Crumpet toasted
Spread with Marmite top with peanut butter Lovely jubilee
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I tried the marmite peanut butter too.
Looking at the ingredients it is 90% peanut butter, 10% marmite and costs twice as much per 100 grammes.
+1 for the base layer/marmite/peanut butter ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿž

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
So do I.Tried the peanut butter one with Marmite,utter crap My recipe Crumpet toasted
Spread with Marmite top with peanut butter Lovely jubilee
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
I saw it in my local Co-op a while back but the price was enough to put me off buying any. Your way sounds much better anyway! ๐Ÿ‘

pawl

Legendary Member
Saddles are so personal things.
A few years ago i bought the charge spoon on the basis of it's good reviews and being cheap as chips.
The first ride it nearly cut me in half i tried to persevere but it never got any better

I have finally found a saddle that suits me.Sella Italia Man.Have them on my three bikes.

I think part of my problem I think stemmed from my shorts.I find the density of the padding to dense.and pad seemed a little narrow I was brought upon the good old chammy pads .

By pure chance I found a brand of shorts that suite me regarding density and width.Never heard of this brand Przewalski found them on Amazon I normally canโ€™t get on with bib shorts but for me perfect

Price is ยฃ19 99 -26.99.Thought at that price wort a punt.Have three pairโ€™s now

pawl

Legendary Member
I saw it in my local Co-op a while back but the price was enough to put me off buying any. Your way sounds much better anyway! ๐Ÿ‘

For me as touch of luxury I also spread top the peanut butter with strawberry conserve

Minus the marmite I hasten to add

Top Bottom