The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
View attachment 524256
Not round the bend yet?

Not quite reached the bend. After a windy but rewarding run I've decided to have a rest day from LEJOG.
Mrs Tenkay will arrive at Land's End tomorrow ( she's done LEJOG a couple of times in the real, non turbo World) hence her decision to do it the other direction on the turbo.

I'll tell her she needs to up her game in the cake making stakes, yours looks amazing 😯

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Damn and blast!!!!
Wash your mouth out.
We have ladies on here. And we have Classic :rolleyes:
Sorry one and all. I was temporarily overwrought. As penitence I shall stay schtum on this matter.
In other news, my suggestion of making a stilton and broccoli quiche (S, VFX!) seems to have mutated into me being coerced into making it.
Well, that's my plan for the day thrown away.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Damn and blast! While I was waiting for a 10% code to be emailed from btrsports for their heavy duty bike cover, it went from in stock to due back in stock August 2020. Might have to look at Halfords instead.:sad:
I've had one of their bike covers for years, it's been fine but it's not heavy duty. Only used it in the garage for covering summer/winter bikes as appropriate

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@The Rover - I thought you might enjoy this new route I've devised to Ribchester - everyone was pretty fed up with the usual one!!! Obviously a bit far from your place to start at Euxton Mills but if you rode to Riley Green >Walton le Dale >Avenham Park to the Cobbled Bridge you could pick up the route there. Coming home it chucks you out in Hoghton so easy to get home. There are lots of possible variations from Broughton all the way to Ribchester. Enjoy!!

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32700129

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Afternoon all. Looks like cycling is out the window today, still blowing dogs off chains lol. Think it will be a long country walk for us this afternoon. What is everybody else doing today ?
A bit like you. Out with MrsP and the dog for a 3 hour 10 mile windy walk . Very pleasant though. Now sitting in the garden sipping an ale or three. :cheers:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Our recycling centres are supposed to be re-opening on 1st June, but with lots of restrictions.

Our opened last week. You have to show you live in catchment area (not sure how), there are restrictions, and, the only allow cars with odd / even Reg. No., as decreed on their website. Even in “normal” times, queues are enormous, haven’t ventured there to see what it is like now. Garage still has space for a little more junk. ;)

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I've had one of their bike covers for years, it's been fine but it's not heavy duty. Only used it in the garage for covering summer/winter bikes as appropriate
I'm guessing you mean the Halfords option; the btr looks bombproof. I found an old cover intended for overwintering garden furniture down the side of the house. It was protecting a rusting incinerator, which I intend to treat with a high temperature (650c) paint at some point; maybe not worth it, and I don't think a rattle can will find its target today. Anyway, despite a few holes, the cover will provide some protection to that cherished CB. I dragged the cover out, evicted a few choice snails for the Song Thrush (which, typically, hasn't shown up for the feast), and put it on the lawn, weighed down with a garden chair. Later that same day, dear reader, I looked up from my kitchen duties to see the chair cast aside by the wind and the cover airborne. Dashed outside, strewing eggshells in my wake, to rescue the cover, which is now weighed down with a garden lounger; we'll see whether it survives the night.
Did I mention that one (of two) of my carefully tended Pink Brandywine tomato plants has been snapped off by the wind? Let's hope it will now function as a bush tomato, rather than the usual cordon plant. At least there's still one intact outside, plus two in the greenhouse.

Top Bottom