The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Another one from this afternoons walk in the park, I spotted this on the pool near the canoe hire place, obviously just waiting for tea to swim by.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well.....at 14.30 I thought "I am tired" and went for a lie down. 2 1/2 hours later I have just woken up. I feel absolutely CR*P.
I am going to strip off and lie in the side garden...... all my grand plans are on hold till tomorrow :blink:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
The Great Orme did not happen as Mrs G advised me not to go because of the heat. She was concerned I might have a heat stroke as she knows I am not very good when it is too hot. Not to worry, it will be another time , when it is a bit cooler and the wind blows from the east.
We have a zoom family quiz at 7.30 to look forward to now.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
The Great Orme did not happen as Mrs G advised me not to go because on the heat. She was concerned I might have a heat stroke as she knows I am not very good when it is too hot. Not to worry, it will be another time , when it is a bit cooler and the wind blows from the east.
We have a zoom family quiz at 7.30 to look forward to now.
MrsG has good sense
I am not the best/greatest cyclist but I found it hot.... even for 10 miles this morning. You made a good decision imo.

classic33

Leg End Member
Next door's son is 13 today. I feel a bit sorry for him BUT his parents have asked friends etc. Bugger all social distancing going on.

Speaking of which I was up on Rivington Pike today as part of my ride. Cars and people everywhere.

I've that every weekend since the restrictions were put in place. Some coming from nearby Bradford, in cars. Leaving in the early hours.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Local guy I know just cycled from work in Perth back to Crieff at 24.5mph! Fantastic tailwind he said.

Top Bottom