The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Try living here....we are inundated with the little grey rats.

Horrible things. They chewed through next doors electricity cable and they didn't have any water. They had to get an electrician in to fix it.

Todays lunch will be chicken. No idea what else, or how we will cook it, but def chicken as long as it has thawed out that it.

I am waiting for an email from my garage to book my car in for its service and MOT.

And I have to do my car insurance as well. That can be done on the website.

pawl

Legendary Member

My comment cannot repeat what I said .Mrs P said it’s lovely Haven’t contradict her as she probably won’t give me my fish finger sandwich😖😖

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
9 deg and feeling like 3.

The wind has died down and the rain has stopped for now.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Horrible things. They chewed through next doors electricity cable and they didn't have any water. They had to get an electrician in to fix it.

Todays lunch will be chicken. No idea what else, or how we will cook it, but def chicken as long as it has thawed out that it.

I am waiting for an email from my garage to book my car in for its service and MOT.

Oh so many opportunities........

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Dived out for a quick two mile walk when the ran stopped. It's now raining again.

I too noticed a new thing on today's walk, one I must have done a 500 times in the 38 years we've been here.

Our village is built on the Leeds Liverpool canal. Our cottage is perhaps 500 metres from the canal. At this point the canal cuts across a hillside which slopes towards a small valley bottom where the river Lostock flows. Now I've seen all these features many times but today I joined them up.

Above the canal many streams drain off the fields directly into the canal. There is a large stream which has carved a deep valley as it courses down to the Lostock under the canal. At this point there is a drop in the canal side which allows excess water to overflow into this stream and then down to the Lostock.

Simple and so clever. Today we would put in several million ££££s of culverts and huge concrete pipes.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
There are no squirrels on Mull despite Calmac telling people it was a good place to see them. There was a proposal a few years ago to introduce reds. RSPB nearly had a seizure. Seemed a good idea to me.

Checked the Met Office this morning and it promised rain all day

which was strange because the weather radar said there was none anywhere near
anyway - didn't go out because I didn't want to get wet
still no rain for hours
then the radar showed loads of clouds coming in
then they disappeared - suddenly
by which time it had started raining - and still is

annoying as I could have gone out for a couple of hours first thing - but didn't because the weather forecast said rain

classic33

Leg End Member

Thought you had no "next door" neighbours, as there is no next door.

Water through the electric cables, which the squirrels chewed through, leaving them with no water. This loss of water was remedied by an electrician.

I presume they get the electric through the water pipes?

Tenkaykev

Guru
There are no squirrels on Mull despite Calmac telling people it was a good place to see them. There was a proposal a few years ago to introduce reds. RSPB nearly had a seizure. Seemed a good idea to me.
There are reds on Brownsea Island, charming little things. I saw a program several years ago where the greys were being systematically culled and the reds reintroduced, I'm not sure if that was in the Borders or thereabouts.

Top Bottom