The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you been offered a bone marrow biopsy?!

I had a text from a doctor saying your blood tests are OK, even though my Hb is only 120 g/l
Google states it's low for a man. I'm 75 they don't care about us
1790618292777.png
 

SpokeyDokey

69, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Moderator
Have you been offered a bone marrow biopsy?!

I hope @numbnuts avoids this procedure.

I have had 11 now and they are horrible.
 
Location
Widnes
I had a text from a doctor saying your blood tests are OK, even though my Hb is only 120 g/l
Google states it's low for a man. I'm 75 they don't care about us
View attachment 823135

I think I read something about them thinking of adjusting the "it's OK" range for iron and making it higher

not sure about it but might be worth looking it up

I must do the same - there is a "disagreement" amounts the doctors 9 including consultants - about whether I need monthly infusions of iron or not
the last test was OK - but only just - after 3-4 years on iron tablets - and the gastro people say its OK
the GP is trying to be diplomatic but body language says she thinks otherwise
Geriatric (yes I know - honestly) says I clearly need them

all based on the same results!!!
 
Location
Widnes
When possible I have tried to buy nearly new/ex demo cars. It was always drummed into me that if you buy new then you kiss goodbye to X% purchase tax the moment you drive out of the showroom.
When i worked for the national company (part of Shell) there were approx 20 reps and managers. We used a 'finder' company that would scour the country and source the appropriate nearly new vehicles. We never had problems with any vehicle.

I have always bought cars between 1 and 3 years old

I have talked about new ones and tried to get a deal
but financially it seems crazy

Tried to discuss a lease deal last time - even worse!!

My Dad always bought new cars - but that was because he was disabled and wanted a reliable car
which is quite funny when you consider the problems he had with
a) a Ford Capri (reg number BKA606X!!!) that Ford took back to the factory for several weeks and gave him a much more reliable car while the fixed it
b) and Austin Maestro that worked mechanically - mostly - but every time you shut a door another piece of plastic fell off from somewhere
c) A Hillman Avenger where the back axle fell off when it was 6 months old

He did have 2 Renaults that were just brilliant
and a Honda that is probably still going

notice anything about nationality of the cars he had in the 60s and 70s!!!
 
Top Bottom