The rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Ireland and France are head and shoulders above the rest on form and consistency. Not much to choose between the rest, but all teams are close enough for surprises. Just hope it doesn’t come down to red cardsnd sinbins.

The multiple expert predictions in last week's Sunday Times were the most similar they have ever been. They all had the top two as Ireland and France, with some variation in which way round. They all had England 3rd, all had Wales 4th, all but one had Scotland 5th, Italy last.

Over the Ord

England don't have a cat in hell's chance of getting to the final though
If they don’t meet Australia in the quarter or the semi final, I think they could win it.

Slick

Guru
The multiple expert predictions in last week's Sunday Times were the most similar they have ever been. They all had the top two as Ireland and France, with some variation in which way round. They all had England 3rd, all had Wales 4th, all but one had Scotland 5th, Italy last.

I wonder if they would like the opportunity to revise their predictions already? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I thought that was an occasionally entertaining match between two not very good sides. Not actually bad sides but - a few flashes aside nothing very inspiring. I doubt Farrell or Galthie will be losing much sleep over that.

I heard the other match on the radio while fettling my bike. Wales sounded a bit pants. This could be a good year for Italy to get themselves off the bottom of the table.

Alex321

Veteran
I thought that was an occasionally entertaining match between two not very good sides. Not actually bad sides but - a few flashes aside nothing very inspiring. I doubt Farrell or Galthie will be losing much sleep over that.

I heard the other match on the radio while fettling my bike. Wales sounded a bit pants. This could be a good year for Italy to get themselves off the bottom of the table.

Not so much Wales being pants as Ireland being on another level.

Wales weren't great (obviously), but could easily have had 3-4 tries themselves, if not for a few smallish errors costing them.

But you could see why Ireland are the number 1 team in the world at the moment.

Top Bottom