The Secrets of Sports direct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
How do you reach the stuff out of reach, which is like everything ?

AndyRM

XOXO
I understand it will focus on the fine line SD treads in terms of its use of "discounted" prices, "store closure" promotions and the like. The suggestion will be that SD's promotion pricing encourages customers to think they are getting bigger bargains than they really are.

Ah, not much new then!

The store on Northumberland Street has been 'closing down' for years...

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I use SD for my trainers and the kids because they are cheap. Likewise T shirts for scrapping about in. Works for me

andyfraser

Über Member
[QUOTE 3665712, member: 45"]It should focus on the fact that it sells tat.[/QUOTE]
It might be tat but it does for me (I'll just mention my Karrimor walking boor again :whistle:). I also have a collection of Primark t-shirts that are years old and still have life left in them. :okay:

I had the impression that there would be fire regulations within building codes forbidding stocking a store in such a manner that it becomes a potential fire hazard. They also have narrow entrances and exits in some of stores. Heaven help anyone that gets trapped in their store in a fire.

outlash

also available in orange
It's not all bad, if Mike Ashey didn't sell the tat at the volumes he does, how would he have paid for Newcastle United? That's been making me laugh for the last few years :smile:.

Tony.

I've bought a few things in there, yes there's loads of tat but some of the stuff has performed very well for the price, the staff at the one near me have been pretty good too. I suspect the programme will show that they're sh1t employers, which will leave me in a quandary about buying from them in future.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Thats a harsh generalization of their staff.I have respect for any youngster willing to go out and work.
That's a harsh assumption of the calibre of staff at McDonalds. I too have respect for any youngster willing to go out and work. It seems you need a masters degree to get a job anywhere, McDonalds and Sports Direct included. Just seems that Sports Direct staff appear to be overworked and lacking in motivation. Like most lower end jobs these days.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
[QUOTE 3665878, member: 45"]I had some of those Karrimor walking shoes a few years ago. The soles wore out in about 4 months.[/QUOTE]
Mine are still going strong after a few years.

Top Bottom