The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2011 Octavia Scout 2.0 diesel DSG owner here. It tows a caravan among other things. I aim to take it around the clock again. It's quality.
:becool::okay::becool:

I like Scouts, I'd have one
As SWMBO is insisting on an automatic, however, finding one is an issue
Sadly, Skoda GB won't sell them to the public anymore, they're a '999 only' order

IF, I could find a 2.0Tdi, in the right colour (petrol blue), & sadly, an automatic, I'd possibly chase round the country for it
This colour
maxresdefault.jpg

Test drives driven this afternoon and some other side-by-side comparisons done between the Rapid Spaceback and a 67-plate Fabia Estate that I was also considering.

We had a hands-down winner.

skoda-rapid_mod.jpg

Deposit paid, and I pick her up in a week and a bit. Gives me time to sort the insurance. Interior will swallow cat carriers, bicycles and crates of fruit with ease.

Jameshow

Veteran
Test drives driven this afternoon and some other side-by-side comparisons done between the Rapid Spaceback and a 67-plate Fabia Estate that I was also considering.

We had a hands-down winner.

View attachment 700742

Deposit paid, and I pick her up in a week and a bit. Gives me time to sort the insurance. Interior will swallow cat carriers, bicycles and crates of fruit with ease.

More golf sized than polo I think.

More golf sized than polo I think.

Surprisingly, it's roughly the same size as the Fabia Estate. The boot is a bit smaller, but as a result, there's more room in the cabin. It's a little taller than the Fabia as well, so all-round visibility is better.

Engine is smooth, the 6-speed box is really slick, the ride is firm but not harsh, and it just seems to go where you point it without much fuss.

Jameshow

Veteran
Surprisingly, it's roughly the same size as the Fabia Estate. The boot is a bit smaller, but as a result, there's more room in the cabin. It's a little taller than the Fabia as well, so all-round visibility is better.

Engine is smooth, the 6-speed box is really slick, the ride is firm but not harsh, and it just seems to go where you point it without much fuss.

I found the Fabia a bit narrow, rapid must be a bit wider.

Gunk

Guru

Is it the 1.0 3 cylinder petrol?

Gwylan

Veteran
CitiGo and Bike racks.

We have a new VW Up, it's identical to the Skoda CitiGo. It replaces a CitiGo that has been withdrawn.

The question is - does anyone have experience of a rear mounted bike rack?
Two bikes.

We never had one on the Skoda but would like one now we are a single car family.

I'm too old to manage putting bikes on the roof.

Can't help with that one.

But that's part of why I went for the Rapid, as I can just chuck a bike onto the back seat. Having said that, my bikes are tiddly, which doesn't apply to everyone else on this thread ;)

Top Bottom