The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Skodas are good cars, but they are almost indistinguishable from many other modern cars, especially and obviously the other VAG models. The only exception was the Yeti, which I am now on my second and which did stand out from most other cars. I am not sure which car to get next, but my Yeti has only done 30k miles so I'll be keeping it for a while.

I still like too
When l bought my Octavia, all those years ago, it was a choice between that & a Yeti
But, at that time, SWMBO was travelling a lot for business (salary increase/costs/mileage was paid, instead of a company car, by then)
She wanted something more like the Mondeo they gave her (as shown higher up this thread), hence the Octavia won

I still look at Yetis with interest

Heck!, even Clarkson liked it

figbat

Slippery scientist
Skodas are good cars, but they are almost indistinguishable from many other modern cars, especially and obviously the other VAG models. The only exception was the Yeti, which I am now on my second and which did stand out from most other cars. I am not sure which car to get next, but my Yeti has only done 30k miles so I'll be keeping it for a while.
One of the (many) things I liked about my Yeti was that it wasn't a copy/paste of a VW/SEAT/Audi car - there was no equivalent in the other VAG ranges. Yes, it was built off of a Golf platform but beyond that it was a unique and characterful car. Fitted with all season tyres our 4WD was unstoppable in all conditions it met including mud and snow that halted mere mortal other cars. Take the rear seats out and it was a voluminous van with a flat floor.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Son's Fabia is fully up and running now, and has done 600 miles since the map. New engine - gone from a 1.2 to a 1.4 after the other's turbo blew up from a bad map. He's gone to another garage now for the re-map.

It's putting out about 170bhp now :whistle: and, annoyingly, it's been mapped with 'pops'from the exhaust. Fortunately, he's been keeping the noise down so not to annoy the neighbours. :wacko:

tyred

Legendary Member
The one modern day Skoda which interested me was the the Roomster that my ex had. Neat bit of packaging and very practical but not overly reliable as it was prone to silly electrical faults.

Now that we have Volvo and Skoda threads I am tempted to start one for Peugeot/Citroën owners. :becool:

fossyant

The one modern day Skoda which interested me was the the Roomster that my ex had. Neat bit of packaging and very practical but not overly reliable as it was prone to silly electrical faults.

Now that we have Volvo and Skoda threads I am tempted to start one for Peugeot/Citroën owners. :becool:

and a Nissan one, but that would be boring as the cars just don't break (got 2). It carries 4 bikes though !

dodgy

You could have bought a second hand one if you liked them that much?
I prefer to lease new cars.

vickster

Legendary Member
One of the most anti-social things going, sorry mate, but it really annoys me. I don't want to hear someone else's car any more than I have to.
You've probably already had this conversation with him, though.
Rant over.
That's anti-social yoof for you who think having a farty broken sounding car is cool :wacko:.

I personally hate super loud motorbikes far more though!

fossyant

One of the most anti-social things going, sorry mate, but it really annoys me. I don't want to hear someone else's car any more than I have to.
You've probably already had this conversation with him, though.
Rant over.

Yup. Hate it TBH. He has 'ruined' a very nice car. It was lovely to drive, comfy, nippy on the motorway and quiet. Now it breaks your spine, and interior noise from the induction kit and exhaust is terrible, and he's banned from the local tip as his car catches the speed bumps, so I have to take his rubbish.

I'm too old (busted spine) to want bone jarring rides.

He's been told not to work on the car past 10pm, and deffo not start it up.

The last two nights he's come in without waking us, despite the windows open, so I have thanked him.

keabo

Very happy with my 2016 1.2TSI Fabia. Very quiet, lovely interior, plenty of 'poke', brilliant on the motorway, and a spacious boot.

But here's a 'real' Skoda I spotted recently on my cycle commute:

Top Bottom