The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I did see a rear engined Skoda with a 2L 16v Opel engine fitted but not sure how difficult it is to do.
There have been many conversions to the older rear engined cars from the Fiat/Lancia twin cams to the Rover K series. I still prefer the old 1300 all alloy Skoda engine, it’s not super powerful but it is a reliable and economic lump

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
How about this pair of beauties at the 'Fleuy de Lys Classic Vehicle Show
(Thornes Park, Wakefield (2018)

View attachment 598724
View attachment 598723

View attachment 598725

Then, at another show, on the streets of the city centre (April 2018)
View attachment 598726

View attachment 598727

View attachment 598728
Both owned by two members of the owners club. The gold one is originally from Poland and had a massive restoration/modification a few years ago. Tin can Alice was sold by its creator a couple of years back and we haven’t seen it about since

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
How on Earth have I missed this thread ! I’m an addict when it comes to Skoda ownership and have been driving them for over 30 years. I’ve had original Rapid coupes, Mk-1 Estelle which I heavily modified with all the running gear, engine and interior from a later Rapid. I then moved to Favorit’s with my last daily being a stunning Estate which I sold to offset the cost of my first “ modern” Skoda, a 2003 L&K tdi hatch. That doesn’t mean the link to the older cars has vanished because I still have a 1994 Favorit hatch which shares the same s dealership link that the Octavia came from and my first job in the motor trade so it’s a keeper.
some of the photos are of my two Rapids and Mk-1 Estelle during our many road trips to the Czech Republic

Attachments

• 92728FB9-C7FC-46C4-8BEC-19D92D87E66E.jpeg
    92728FB9-C7FC-46C4-8BEC-19D92D87E66E.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 4
I've just become a Skoda owner... the trusty Sandero I owned from new was getting a little tired...

Mrs V suggested a Fabia as she likes the one her Auntie has (even though wife doesn't drive) I was in charge of what spec we had... So a Monte Carlo 110 bhp model in red was found... and has had 18 inch wheels fitted by first owner and ive transferred my personal no@@er plate to it

I drove in today, as l was picking daughter up after finishing
When l got over to where l’d parked, this Q7 was next to it, & maybe @Drago on the other side?!
I was idly wondering what it would be like with this engine in it?
Towing the BWSOW would be childsplay!

Sadly, it’d undoubtedly mean an automatic transmission though..

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Audi are now labelling all their engines in kW, so its probably a petrol/diesel hybrid.

Thats an original W450 Smart, the later 700cc unit. I love mine but was doing so little mileage I gave it to my niece whi has cerebral palsy and needs an auto.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've just become a Skoda owner... the trusty Sandero I owned from new was getting a little tired...

Mrs V suggested a Fabia as she likes the one her Auntie has (even though wife doesn't drive) I was in charge of what spec we had... So a Monte Carlo 110 bhp model in red was found... and has had 18 inch wheels fitted by first owner and ive transferred my personal no@@er plate to it View attachment 609845

View attachment 609846

My son has the same but a 15 year, current shape. Was running 170bhp on his second engine (replacement 1.4) now broken again. Needs new engine.

Nice cars if you leave them stock.

Top Bottom