The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thats not his new engine, is it?
yep,:crazy:

Drago

Legendary Member
So what's it done? Dropped a valve, or detonated so badly a valve broke up? Not that it matters I guess, same end result.

I'm presuming the corresponding piston and cylinder are mullered too?

Wednesday 3rd November

Definitely closed
Unless you're local & know 'every inch of it' intimately & drive something with a snorkel, or a big tractor!

Priest Hill Lane (well it is, at the northern/other end)
Bolton Percy
(east of Tadcaster)

Note, the water-level at the 20MPH sign in the distance:eek:

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2791822

The sign is hinged, so it can be unfolded to show the 'Road Closed' status
(there's a similar one, on the B1222/Naburn Lane, at the other side of the A64, to MacArthur Glen shopping centre)

Last edited:
I shocked the neighbours at about 08:30 yesterday

I washed the Kodiaq!:wacko:
I've had it 6 months, & barring rain, this is the first time since I drove it home that it's been clean!

Please don't get me wrong!
It's vacuumed out, glass cleaned, oil & fluids checked, tyre-pressures/condition checked regularly
Like the Octavia before it, I reckon rain is natures car-wash (that once went 3 years without seeing a bucket & sponge)

I did consider scrubbing under the wheelarches:eek:

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I washed the Kodiaq!:wacko:
I've had it 6 months, & barring rain, this is the first time since I drove it home that it's been clean!

Snap! I had to chauffeur a work colleague around the other day so I had the Superb washed and interior cleaned, I couldn't host a colleague in a mucky car. 😌 And it had done Scotland and back recently, in poor weather, with a ten year old in the back, so it had that grey motorway grime on the outside plus sweetie wrapper armageddon on the inside.

20211119_111551.jpg

figbat

Slippery scientist
I gotta admit, I do like the model name "Superb". It speaks of a wonderful boldness and confidence.

In hear that the name Awesome was originally considered for the model, which was to be known as the Fandabbidozi in Scotland.
Mitsubishi got in first with the Carisma, although their marketing department is clearly well acquainted with irony… or ignorance,

Top Bottom