The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup. Hate it TBH. He has 'ruined' a very nice car. It was lovely to drive, comfy, nippy on the motorway and quiet. Now it breaks your spine, and interior noise from the induction kit and exhaust is terrible, and he's banned from the local tip as his car catches the speed bumps, so I have to take his rubbish.

Makes me regret I recommended he get one... :cry:

I rather like crackly, pop-y exhausts and turbo whoosh and whine, but they belong at race circuits or on rally special stages, not so much on public roads.

tyred

Legendary Member
But here's a 'real' Skoda I spotted recently on my cycle commute:
View attachment 597924

I'd love one those, from the days when Skoda built cars with character:becool:

Very happy with my 2016 1.2TSI Fabia. Very quiet, lovely interior, plenty of 'poke', brilliant on the motorway, and a spacious boot.

But here's a 'real' Skoda I spotted recently on my cycle commute:
View attachment 597924

Gorgeous!
Although, I do prefer theS110 coupe

Makes me regret I recommended he get one... :cry:

I rather like crackly, pop-y exhausts and turbo whoosh and whine, but they belong at race circuits or on rally special stages, not so much on public roads.
Agreed!!

Friday 8th

Spotted in the car-park
(next to the Church)
Bamburgh
Northumberland,

Almost the correct registration plate!

figbat

Slippery scientist
Friday 8th

Spotted in the car-park
(next to the Church)
Bamburgh
Northumberland,

Almost the correct registration plate!
View attachment 598318
I can’t stand illegally-spaced/interfered-with number plates. Decent car though.

tyred

Legendary Member
I did see a rear engined Skoda with a 2L 16v Opel engine fitted but not sure how difficult it is to do.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
The one modern day Skoda which interested me was the the Roomster that my ex had. Neat bit of packaging and very practical but not overly reliable as it was prone to silly electrical faults.

Now that we have Volvo and Skoda threads I am tempted to start one for Peugeot/Citroën owners. :becool:
I was looking at Roomster Scouts before my friend mentioned he was selling his Mk-1 L&K hatch which I bought. The rest of the family preferred that choice to the Roomster

Top Bottom