The slaughter in Syria.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What is anybody in Britain doing about this? People are happy enough to camp on the steps of St Paul's and agitate about capitalism, an easy and visible target and one they know is unlikely to turn around and bite them. But what are our right-on protesting classes doing about Syria? Are they protesting outside the Syrian embassy at the 3,500 slaughtered? Not that I can see. Could it be that they don't care or are too tied up in their own little world of anti-establishment protest that they can't even see what's happening?

I have been to Syria many times and have Syrian friends, wonderful warm hospitable people. It looks to me as if the world has deserted them.

Rant over, carry on.

To whom would we address our protest? The Syrian government? I don't think they'd listen somehow.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
What about a peace camp outside their embassy? It's in Belgrave Square, easy enough to find. I bet there's even some nice grass to camp on and a DSS office nearby too.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
anti capitalist + cowards thats why they wouldent chalenge syria, its nice and safe to demonstrate in britain, and if you want to demonstrate at least come up with viable alternatives, then gather support, form a party ectect, then tolerate us demonsrating on your doorstep

anti capitalist + cowards thats why they wouldent chalenge syria, its nice and safe to demonstrate in britain, and if you want to demonstrate at least come up with viable alternatives, then gather support, form a party ectect, then tolerate us demonsrating on your doorstep

Anti capitalist plus cowards... yeees...

I think it's a shame that people who are so very hard of thinking are allowed to have opinions.

Danny

Legendary Member

Avaaz has been consistently campaigning in support of the Syrian people for many months - their latest online petition can be found here.

Top Bottom