The start of summer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Needed to defrost the car this morning before I took the Mrs to the station, out on the bike when I got back and needed full winter gear, I did 43 miles and had cold feet by the time I got to the Cafe and when I got home, there was patches of snow littering the country side, where's this spring and summer you talk about?
My garden thinks its still winter, it went dormant when this cold weather started and remains so.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
was positively spring like round here late afternoon....sun was out birds were singing very pleasant ..still freezing tonight though.......may try and get out early tomorrow for my first non commute ride this year....will still have the winter gear on though I reckon:biggrin:

OP
OP
Manguish

Manguish

Nice quick ride tonight. Even managed bib shorts! Well warm.

Got a new top speed too.... 42.3mph!

Typhon

Black cloud, drizzle and 8C here. Doesn't feel much like Spring, let alone Summer.

So far this year we've had two really nice days here - March 5th and April 6th. So here's hoping we get a nice day on May 7th!

al78

Guru
springaroundthecorner.jpg

Maybe, the anemometer was showing a southerly wind last night.
But it’s backed northerly now and air temp 6c Mid April ?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Us folks on the west side of Scotland are getting our usual "scorcher"; i.e. slightly less cold but 50mph winds and rain :sad:. I am really, REALLY scunnered with this British weather :cursing:. Either freezing cold, or wet and windy, apart from maybe 2 days of the year. I am not jesting!

ss3.bmp

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That silly Sausages advert (the one where all the smug kids go back home to mum) is back on TV so summer must be round the corner.

al78

Guru
Us folks on the west side of Scotland are getting our usual "scorcher"; i.e. slightly less cold but 50mph winds and rain :sad:. I am really, REALLY scunnered with this British weather :cursing:. Either freezing cold, or wet and windy, apart from maybe 2 days of the year. I am not jesting!

ss3.bmp

Didn't you have some nice mild sunny weather mid week last week (i.e. just after the Easter weekend) whilst SE England shivered under horrible grey permacast, 3C max temps and snow flurries?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Didn't you have some nice mild sunny weather mid week last week (i.e. just after the Easter weekend) whilst SE England shivered under horrible grey permacast, 3C max temps and snow flurries?

It was sunny; but with a cold easterly wind, and temp just above freezing IIRC! Which is preferable to what is forecast for this coming weekend IMHO.

Top Bottom