The things important to children!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When asked to give examples of toys that move whilst in reception class at school, my child gave bicycle, tandem and recumbent.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

He's made me so happy!

That and the fact they're starting bicycle skills classes and he has all of the ones listed including the advanced ones!

I'm new to recumbents, never owned a tandem but we like to ride as a family. So he's obviously getting the same enjoyment out of cycling. It's a good thing (could become very expensive due to a very good children's cycling club nearby that's into racing - cogset in Lancaster).

Sorry if this sounds like boasting but it made my day when I saw it in his school book.

Anyone else with children keen on cycling?

U

User32269

My ten year old lad loves our trips out on the bikes. He is "in training" to do the 50 mile Ride of the Roses with his grandad and me this year. He's done 25 miles, on rough track and towpaths, with no problems.
He likes to help out with bike maintenance, but is so uncoordinated, I find watching him use a pedal spanner painful!

U

User32269

I've started all my kids off young with cycling, but only the big lad is really into it. The little fella, who's six, wants me to put his stabilisers back on since he rode into a wheelie bin!

Sandra6

Veteran
My youngest was really into riding her bike but then hills happened :laugh:
She's too old to ride on the pavement now and doesn't have the skills or confidence to ride on the road, I'm hoping she'll come back to it when she's older.
My 18 year old goes everywhere on my folding bike. I love the freedom it gives her - and that she doesn't want bus money or lifts!
The lad I used to work with in the bike shop calls her the folding bike bandit and always sends me a message when he spots her!

Julia9054

Guru
[QUOTE 5149793, member: 45"]Screens. That's the only thing kids are interested in these days.[/QUOTE]
Speak for your own kids. Mine spent all their spare time at band. When they weren't at band, they were practising. One of them cycles.

Drago

Legendary Member
The other day I heard Mini D say "Alexa, play Motorhead by Motorhead". I was so proud.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The other day I heard Mini D say "Alexa, play Motorhead by Motorhead". I was so proud.
Mine sometimes requests Run The Jewels. This makes me very happy. Wife is concerned about the language. I'm not bothered about the swearing but I do wonder if I'll have to explain the meaning of
I'm a sin on the verse like a kid in a hearse or a nun in a cum-shot
. Maybe we'll stick to the instrumentals although I tried that and she does like the rapping.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
None of the Grand-Daughters cycle but now we have 2 Great-Grandsons I may get to have some influence. :bicycle:

The eldest of them, Stan (its Stanley really but I've already shortened it) is a bit of a rocker though, last time they came up from Wiltshire I was told to put some AC/DC on for him to dance to so I duly did "That's not loud enough, turn it up" they cried (his Mum and Granny) so again I did. Poor little mite never stood a chance, went white as a sheet and grabbed hold of my leg (probably filled his nappy too) I think they'd forgotten just how loud my HiFi goes although I didn't turn it up that much really.

Julia9054

Guru
IMG_3557.PNG
[QUOTE 5149897, member: 45"]I'm speaking for kids in general.[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom