The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Finally finished properly fitting the discrete socket so the battery charger plugs straight in with no faffing about with so much as opening a door.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Well, got both XCs gearbox oil changed today. Handy having 2 motors with the same mechanical guts. All went swimmingly and that is the end of 20l of Mannol oil. I expected it to be a right PITA but it was rather simple. Temp checked with VIDA too that I'm getting the hang of.

A few days back did the rear pads and disks on the 60. There must have been close to 3mm wear on the disks (yes on each side 😬😬😬:wacko:). Anyway, nice new Ferodos fitted and working well. Incidentally, anyone using VIDA to retract the pads note that you will still probably have to compress the pistons a bit more to get a fit over new disks. Took me a while to cop that. :laugh::laugh:

Only Haldex and brake fluid to do and both motors will be rocking. Plenty of time to spare at the mo as was made redundant. Running out of available time though as got a job offer today. ^_^

kynikos

Veteran
So the V60, sat on the drive for 10 weeks without turning a wheel, wouldn't start. I knew it was coming as the low battery warning light has been coming on intermittently for three years.
Called out Volvo Assistance and they replaced the battery, like for like, and passed on the 25% discount they got from the factors.
Nice result 👍

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Mr Virgin, how easy was Vida to install? Does it use much memory?
Bought it complete on a laptop so easy really:laugh: No idea about the vital stats though. PM me and I'll get you vendor details. He sells an old functional laptop with Vida and OBD device for 250 delivered. May be a bit less delivered in England.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Cheshire on Volvo Forum?

figbat

Slippery scientist
As of yesterday a deal has been done to move on from the XC60. The PCP comes up in early January so Mrs figbat started making enquiries with the supplying dealer about options for a replacement. They leapt on her like a pack of lions around a straggling wildebeest. Whilst Mrs f was keen to spec a new-build, the dealers were much keener to shift a ready-built car from stock onto her. As a consequence we are now awaiting the arrival of an XC40 T4 AWD R-Design in Fusion Red with all the options Mrs f wanted, plus a couple extra. Hopefully will be with us in a couple of weeks (rather than the 16 week lead time on a new-build). She got a reasonable deal too, having got some quotes from Carwow and waved them about.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
If I didn't have a car already I'd be tempted by that. If it runs as nicely as claimed, it wouldn't take a lot to get that looking first class. Chuck some shekels at Screenman to get the scuffs done and that would look lovely.

Top Bottom