The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Not sure about anyone else, but I can't afford that..

In better news, Grace the 27+ year old Volvo 240 estate passed her MOT last week. Same advisories as last year being damaged rear lights (I have replacements just not got around to fitting), front and rear number plates damaged (I'm trying to source original dealer plates, since they are what's on there), worn front tyres (no surprise, the 240's are heavy on them, but I have a set of 15" alloys to fit, far better tyre choice than the original 14"s), and a minor oil leak, no idea where from, one to look at.

Volvo 240
B&Q Superstore
Glasshoughton

(adjacent to 'Xscape' & jct 32/M62)

Seen at about 15:30

DSCF6287.JPG

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Volvo 240
B&Q Superstore
Glasshoughton

(adjacent to 'Xscape' & jct 32/M62)

Seen at about 15:30

View attachment 569547

Funny thing, since I bought my 240 estate last year I've not seen another on the road.

Today mine got the front and rear tyres swapped. Still on incorrectly sized tyres, since the '80' profile is hard to come by in decent brands at sensible prices (unless you want load rated, which for a 1300kg car is overkill and makes it drive like poop). I have a set of 15" wheels which will go on with new tyres once these wear out.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Grace is at home today in a blanket of snow. The heated seats haven't worked since I bought her, so after some testing I removed the drivers seat, stripped the covers and repaired the cable joints onto the heating pads. Back in the car, and I now have a nice warm bum and back. I suppose I should fix the passenger seat too, otherwise SWMBO will get jealous.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Went for a spin in the XC70 this morning in 30cm snow. My drive is about 170m long at 6%. No problemo to the Vredestein Quatrac tyres. First proper snow in the XC since I got it in April '18!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Im feeling smug with 6 inches of snow on the ground and 2 XC90's on the drive!

Mrs D is blind in one eye and has mo depth percetuon as a consequence. With everything turned white she has no visual reference with which to compensate, so looms lime tomorrow i'll be driving her to work!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Im feeling smug with 6 inches of snow on the ground and 2 XC90's on the drive!

Mrs D is blind in one eye and has mo depth percetuon as a consequence. With everything turned white she has no visual reference with which to compensate, so looms lime tomorrow i'll be driving her to work!
What tyres are fitted, out of interest?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Grace is at home today in a blanket of snow. The heated seats haven't worked since I bought her, so after some testing I removed the drivers seat, stripped the covers and repaired the cable joints onto the heating pads. Back in the car, and I now have a nice warm bum and back. I suppose I should fix the passenger seat too, otherwise SWMBO will get jealous.
I hope you kept the thermostatic cut-out...

Some clever person at the Volvo factory wired our old V70's front heated seats up so the the right switch heated the left side seat and vice-versa.... it took Mrs A_T quite a while to cotton on.

Top Bottom