The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
That's something else. Looks really good. And the tiny mileage.

Oh, I do miss my Volvos!
I’d go for the Electris one, can’t remember the name...?
936C0A84-1F0E-4CB1-B9D7-B57AD0065F61.jpeg

786522F9-0256-4A55-A869-B0DD1C5D8441.jpeg

31753B4F-B704-4AED-A9AC-29D524B1169C.jpeg

Bought the 246 when we had our first child, for safety, and then changed to the white V70 when I was road surveying, to travel the miles in comfort.
The last one the ‘R’ reg V70, when I sold my house, as a treat for me.
I wish I’d kept all of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Nice weather today so leaped on the opportunity to coean and wax mine. Gave the engine bay a wipe over and spray various connectors and stuff with WD to drive out any moisture. The boot handke suffers from a slight dose of sticky-handle-itis, common on the 90, so gave that a quick squirt too.

Shes now clean, shiny, purring like a tractor and smelling faintly of WD40. All is right with the world.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Volvo S40 new MOT, 51 plate, 73000 miles, petrol, everything works, manual and drives faultless according to the advert. £675. Is this a good deal does anyone think? Seems cheap for a Volvo in this condition.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Mechanically they're Mitsubishi Carisma's that have been worked on by Volvo into their own model. Not twrribly excitiing, but decent and tough. If its been looked after and the mileage is genuine thats probably well worth a look.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm not a car detailing nut, but I do keep my machine far better than the average Joe does.

On the recommendation of a friend who runs a used car lot I got some Concept Vista trim restore, 10 quid for a 500ml bottle. He reckons its as good as Polytrol on car plastics, but half the price. Anyhoo, it arrived today, and as the sun was making a rare appearance I decided to give it a go on the bumper aprons and arch tims on my XC90.

Wow! Thats all I can say. I'm told 2 or 3 applications a year is all that is required. It's very easy to apply, so if it lasts as well as it looks I'll be extremely happy,

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
That's a lovely old thing. Nice to see older dars being cherished and put to good use instead of ravaging the planet to build a new one every couple of years.

That's a lovely old thing. Nice to see older dars being cherished and put to good use instead of ravaging the planet to build a new one every couple of years.

It is indeed!!
It's the first photo taken with my new very high-tech (to me!) iPhone

Plus not too far away, there's a white 440 for sale (think that's the model), but as I was negotiating a roundabout as I saw it, no picture
Sorry

Top Bottom