The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I had the same thing happen last year. A new mirror glass assembly with the backing plate was 8 quid. Im not made of money, so I cleaned it up, degresed it, and glued it back with Sikaflex. Good as new.

IIRC it was hot weather as well when mine went, so Im guessing the heat drives the solvents out of the factoey adhesive.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
I had the same thing happen last year. A new mirror glass assembly with the backing plate was 8 quid. Im not made of money, so I cleaned it up, degresed it, and glued it back with Sikaflex. Good as new.

IIRC it was hot weather as well when mine went, so Im guessing the heat drives the solvents out of the factoey adhesive.
A bit bizarre on a heated mirror 🤔

Venod

Eh up
Interesting little problem here for V40 manual gearbox owners, brought to my attention by my lad who has one, so new clip ordered, he could take it back to the dealer, but organising a day off and fuel consumption, makes it easier and cheaper for me to do the job.
He hasn't got the 3rd gear rattle but he says he has had the gear change to 5th symptom on occasions.

https://www.volvov40club.com/thread...-accelerating-5th-wont-get-in-properly.37140/

figbat

Slippery scientist
Nothing but good news from the figbat Volvo. Last week we had our first ever caravan holiday, entailing towing 1.4-ish tonnes of Bailey around 165 miles each way to south Devon and back. The XC40 T4 AWD performed faultlessly, rock steady, enough oomph to go up hills and enough brakes to go down them. There was a bit of a dent in fuel economy but even that wasn’t as bad as feared.

Found a genuine Volvo boot tray on eBlag. Duly bid, won, arrived today and slipped it into position.

Its NOS, still sealed in its wrapping, as opposed to Retrobikes NOS which means "used for quite some time but a wipe with an oily rag has made it look surprisingly tidy."
I had a genuine part boot-mat (as well as footwell mats) in the Octavia

When l bought the Kodiaq, once more l bought genuine part footwell mats, but couldn’t’t find a-load-space mat
I got one, but it’s an after-market brand
It fits correctly, being vehicle specific, but the weight/thickness of the rubber bears no resemblance

yello

AC fixed on my C30 by trusted garage. A new condenser needed. A cool £530 all up. Horribly expensive but much appreciated.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
The Volvo tray mats are epic, but stupidly expensive. Over a hundred quid for the cabin mats, and thats just for the first two rows!
My 240 came with a full set of snow mats, dead handy and stop the floors getting wet.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
They do mean I hardly ever have to vacuum the interior. Carefully lift out the mat, give it a shake, all sorted. Sadly not available for Mrs D's MkII model, although thats going in September so I wouldn't spend the money now anyway.

Hicky

Guru
I've got the horrible rubber cut down mats in my XC70 above OE carpet mats, rarely vac it out. It doesn't look very nice though, the car is a bit of a dog visually though. I should add the car is clean and well maintained. Once the kids aren’t older I’ll no doubt still have this car as it does all I ask of it comfortably. Friends with cars less than 5 years old spend much more time in the garage!

Last edited:
Top Bottom