The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Well, took the plunge, and boiught an SKF wheel bearing as I was pretty sure I'd confirmed which wheel.
Checked VIDA for details and it was about as useful as tits on a bull so I just reverted to instinct and experience.
About 2 hours had the hub in bits and the steering knuckle off. Next day got the old one pressed out and new one in.
Another hour or so reassembled and good to go.

Job's a good 'un and silence has been restored.

Faratid

Noise, excessive fuel consumption and high emissions not a concern for anyone here on this cyclists forum then?
We deserve everything that's already happening.

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Grace got a run to the seaside today. Picked up a set of Draco wheels from a 740. Being 15" they'll fill the arches better, and make tyre purchasing far easier than the OEM 175/80/14 size which are hard to find in a decent brand without being load rated. A comfy 130 cruise there and back.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Did a run to Costco today. By the time i was done the traffic was heavy. Gunned it to get out in a gap in the traffic and next thing I lnow im halfway across the galactic disc. That remap is the dogs danglies.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Did a run to Costco today. By the time i was done the traffic was heavy. Gunned it to get out in a gap in the traffic and next thing I lnow im halfway across the galactic disc. That remap is the dogs danglies.

I don't suffer such issues with my stonking 2 litres of power, 101 BHP from the factory 27 years ago. I suspect some of the horses may have bolted by now:laugh:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Its now 222bhp and 450NM. Its nowhere near as quick as Mrs D's T8, but whereas that thrusts frenetically forward my D5 just surges on a wave of grunt. Its not as quick by probably 3 or 4 seconds to 60, but the manner of delivery feels impressive. Its also giving noticeably improved fuel consumption, which is a pleasant side effect.

@cosmicbike I had a 240 wagon back in the day. A 1984 GL with the 2.3 carb engine. Something like 105 BHP. Not bery quick, but quite smooth and very solid. In the end the sills rotted out below the A pullars and the rear floor behind the bumper, which was a shame because the upper body looked decent.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Noise, excessive fuel consumption and high emissions not a concern for anyone here on this cyclists forum then?
We deserve everything that's already happening.
Particulate emissions were so low on the last MOT that the machine wouldnt even register them. How many cars do you own that give a reading of 0.000 at MOT time?

If you don't like it then start your own thread to whittle about it. This one is for people that own Volvo's, not people who don't own Volvo's but who like to bleat.

Last edited:

Hicky

Guru
Polestar'd @Drago ?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
For @cosmicbike ...

Hicky

Guru
Trivial I know however I checked the tyre pressures yesterday....one rear was 18psi(XC70) there’s no clear punctures, landsil tyres......crap I know however I drive like Miss Daisy so don’t see the point in great tyres. I’m now back to gliding along....🙂
I might even wash it!

Top Bottom