The Worst Band You've Seen Live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Right Said Fred - About 1996 ish I think. The singer could barely stand upright let alone sing!
I saw them in 1996 too, they were touring the uni circuit. They were crap and only had one song.

RedRider

Pulling through
Some terrible rocky band in Birkenhead that a friend had come all the way from Glasgow to see and I had to go with him. Someone who used to be in Hawkwind was in them. it was bad cos there was someone good playing in Liverpool at the same time and all my mates were there. Can't remember who that band was either. Is this the vaguest answer ever?

My Bloody Valentine - early 90's(Rollercoater Tour)
I could have gone to the jet engine test bay at Rolls Royce for the same musical experience.
so so wrong( IMO of course), loved them on that tour at Plymouth, (must go to best band thread....)

Saw Clodplay v early on supporting Muse I think - both were completely and utterly awful - it was a freebie and I wanted my money back.

I save my biggest ire for a band called Baxendale though - they seemed to be everywhere when I was going to lots and lots of gigs in the early 00's and they were bloody awful - and I saw a lot of bloody awful bands back then.

[QUOTE 2030065, member: 45"]Oh, I saw Doves ten years ago as a support act. Very underwhelming. They even stopped one song part way in and started it again because they'd got the tempo wrong.[/quote]
Ha - I saw them in Oxford in 2000 or so and they played half an hour, no longer, no encore, no talking.... V v dull

Velvet Underground at Glastonbury 1993 were phenomenally disappointing

RedRider

Pulling through
Happy Mondays at Stirling University. It's not exactly the Pistols at the Lesser Free Trade Hall but there were no more than 30 people there. I'd never heard of them at the time but I liked the name. They were arguing amongst each other and abandoned the stage after the first ramshackle song. They were supporting James - I stood defiantly when everyone else sat - who I didn't like.

Stephenite

Membå
Beastie Boys supporting RunDMC, Manchester Apollo 1986. S*ite. Beastie Boys were just really pished. RunDMC were just really bad.

Toss up between Martha & The Muffins, Prefab Sprout and Sigue Sigue Sputnik - all at Reading Uni.

The Muffins went through a whole set of songs that nobody had ever heard of and made everyone wait until the encore before playing Echo Beach - which is all people wanted to hear anyway. Sprout were probably the dullest band I ever heard - went home half way through. The Sputniks were just........shiyte.....

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Never really seen a band bad enough to walk out on - most had something redeemable - but I went to watch a singer-songwriter do in Cottingham where a mate was playing a stomp-blues set.

And it was there that I saw this lot:

To this day I don't know what I actually witnessed, or how the holy blazes they kept a pub full of people entertained - I should have got some copper mates in, cos they MUST be on drugs of some sort or other!!!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I was dragged screaming to Earls Court to see Dire Straits, free ticket and all. Oh, it was horrid. The band would have been good in a pub, but in a stadium they were , well, dire actually.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Black Sabbath - Necastle City Hall 1974 or 1975. I tried to leave the bouncers threw me back in.

Jon Gomm and guests - Brudenell Centre Leeds 2010 - self indulgent tapping and shredding on acoustic guitars. He was non plused by the audience's perceived lack of reverence for his self indulgent w*nk fest.

Seth Lakeman - O2 Academy Leeds 2009 - I could/should have left after the first six songs the rest of the gig were permutations of the first six songs. Totally lacking in atmosphere.

Top Bottom