The Worst Band You've Seen Live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
While I was at uni I saw Natalie Imbruglia in Manchester...she was quite inoffensive...unlike the woman behind me who decided my ears were chilly and tried to use her breasts to keep my ears warm!!! She was on the tall side and I am dinky!! You fella might not see this as a bad thing but as astraight woman it really did nothing for me!!!
Many of us would happily have swapped.....:laugh:
(Not me though I am a happily married man with naturally warm ears!)

Happiness Stan

Oasis. Sheffield Octogon 1994. They were riding the crest of the wave on the back of their debut album. The crowd were mega up for it and so was I. I thought this was the Second Coming after the Stone Roses had farked it all up. So they came on and played. And that was about it. They stood still and played. No words inbetween songs. No smiles, no laughs, no theatrics. No engagement with the audience. I supposed they thought it was some kind of Manc Cool but it was just boring. I was constantly looking at my watch and wishing it would end.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the Dandy Warhols. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I didn't fancy it, but a friend insisted, so along I went. And lasted fifteen minutes.

U

User6179

Cash from chaos, punk tribute act , watched them for 5 minutes as the lead singer sang naked apart from a pair of womans tights , went back outside the gig till the main act came on .

RWright

Guru
Living Colour, backing up the Rolling Stones on the Steel Wheels tour. Stones are a tough act to be a back up for and I sort of felt a little sympathy for the band but it was almost painful to watch.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
My ex once dragged me along to a RunRig gig at the Edinburgh Playhouse. Agonisingly awful, unless you were a 50+ female as there were gangs of them in and they were having the time of their lives.

It was better back in the day when I used to hire out vans to them at the weekend before they hit the big time; at least I didn't have to listen to them perform then. Later on, I used to have to speak to Donnie Munro on the phone when he rang up to speak to my Mum who had his kids in her playgroup. It was like a never-ending reminder of that awful, awful night!

yello

OMD - De Montfort Hall, Leicester, 1982.

Not bad so much as cringeful - the only time I've ever heard an audience laugh at a pop concert.

[QUOTE 2400885, member: 259"]I saw a few gigs there! Not the most salubrious of venues. :whistle: I've been looking at this book on Amazon.[/quote]

Sorry I missed you Mort! I was there every Monday night, 1975 onwards, saw all the bands from pub rock through punk, new wave, even saw UFO and Motorhead.
First saw Ramones, Buzzcocks, Stranglers there, also The Damned, The Adverts, Stiff Little Fingers etc. Happy days cost about £3 a ticket, crap beer though, used to get tanked up in town first!
Seen the book, might have to purloin one!^_^

Top Bottom