The Worst Band You've Seen Live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

I am surprised at that, I thought he would be a natural live performer.

Just can't stand his brand of boogie-woogie, I'm afraid. I like the fact that Mark E Smith only agreed to appear on "Later" if it were written into the contract that Holland couldn't play along.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Havent any of you had to take your children and their mates along to gigs when they are too young to go on the own?

Other way around, we took Kid1 to see The Blasters and she was 2 months away from being born - great opportunity for early induction into rock and roll at its finest!

U

User169

Havent any of you had to take your children and their mates along to gigs when they are too young to go on the own? 2 hours of a boy band (OK one that played instruments) at high volume and you can't wait for them to get a bit older. The good thing aboout memories of tramas is you forget bits like the band's name.

Oh, yes! I've had to see this lot twice..

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Id8OiUGQA

Great song title by the way.."Blub, ik ben een vis" which translates as, er "Blub, I am a fish"!

AndyRM

XOXO
Killing Joke at the O2 Academy in Newcastle a few months ago. I don't think it was their fault though, the sound guy had a total 'mare. European Super State was the only track that sounded any good!

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
Oh, yes! I've had to see this lot twice..

Great song title by the way.."Blub, ik ben een vis" which translates as, er "Blub, I am a fish"!
I lived 4 years in the Netherlands about 30 years ago. Decidedly odd musical tastes there.When I lived there the Nottingham Forest footlball song got into the top 10.

My missus is Dutch and she got given some tapes of Dutch kiddies songs to "entertain" the kids in the car when they were small. A few minutes of that and you contemplated driving into the next motorway bridge.

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
That was Malcolm Maclaren's fault. b*strd.
Saw them at a pub gig (Upper Street Islington - was it called the Albion) in 1978 when they were "punk" - already sh*te.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
808 state - supporting Madness at the GMex arena 18th December about 15 years ago. one of the early Madness return gigs and a crowd of people totally hyped up for a nutty boy night. Then this bunch of ambient warbly electro gop locals came on unannounced on the flyers, absolutely the wrong crowd to be playing to and they got very grumpy very quickly at being largely ignored and lightly heckled. They walked off after a few numbers telling us they expected better from an audience. Madness were superb.

Of the headliners I've paid to watch. I fell aleep during The Killers at the MEN arena, no interaction with the audience, plodded through the usual songs with barely a flicker of enthusiasm, dull static backdrop. I could have saved 30 quid and stuck a CD on for the same effect.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Antiflag. s*** punk, teenage politics and megaphones. They were beyond irritating, we left after a couple of songs and returned for the main act.

Ha! I quite liked a few of their songs to went to see them at the Astoria, and when they revealed a huge backdrop and got the crowd to chant something unkind about Mr. Bush it all got a bit pantomime. very ood.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I liked the band, but I saw Ash supporting Elastica at the Waterfront in Norwich and Tim Wheeler was playing through a 10 watt practice amp going through the PA. It sounded so bad I was actually having to hold my breath to protect my ears.

I love going to the ATP festivals but half the acts I was subjected to at the 'Godspeed You Black Emperor' curated festival was unlistenable tosh, and believe me, I KNOW unlistenable tosh, hell I've recorded countless tracks of it myself!*

*in the past, I'm proud of what I do now!

Svendo

Guru
[quote="Andrew_Culture, post: 2398911, member: 21241"I love going to the ATP festivals but half the acts I was subjected to at the 'Godspeed You Black Emperor' curated festival was unlistenable tosh, and believe me, I KNOW unlistenable tosh[/quote]

But which half out of THIS LOT? I only ask as there's a couple I like in there and I wonder which half they're in!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
[quote="Andrew_Culture, post: 2398911, member: 21241"I love going to the ATP festivals but half the acts I was subjected to at the 'Godspeed You Black Emperor' curated festival was unlistenable tosh, and believe me, I KNOW unlistenable tosh

But which half out of THIS LOT? I only ask as there's a couple I like in there and I wonder which half they're in![/quote]

Godspeed - awesome
Neurosis - great for half an hour
Weird Al - astounding, a real surprise!
Deerfhoof - seem to remember where okay
Mike Watt - pretty great
Bardo Pond - amazing, totally fell in love with them
NoMeansNo - awesome
BOBAN I MARKO MARKOVIC ORCHESTRA - WOW!
Tindersticks - bit more boring than I had hoped for

I can't remember the ones that were weakening to tell the truth!

I'm really looking forward to seeing who will curate the next Nightmare before Christmas, I'm going to take my bike to enjoy the super flat roads around Camber Sands.

Top Bottom