There are some greedy, selfish barstewards around.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s why charities use means testing to ensure their services go to the right places.
I’m sure the old couple have their heart in the right place, but leaving stuff outside their house for people to take clearly isn’t a very effective delivery tool.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We have a ‘town table’ where food is put out for anyone who needs. Some people are too embarrassed to use a food bank. Somebody came by, left the food on the ground and took the table.

A neighbour uses it a lot. She gets a Govt food parcel but can’t eat anything tomato based as she is on dialysi. Too much potassium. Same with bananas. Her fluid intake is limited to 650ml a day. She takes the food that she cannot have and swaps for what she can have. The Town Table (now chained down) has been brilliant.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
And that's why I much prefer animals to people. The human race is horrible, greedy, selfish, violent, perverted, destructive, and devoid of respect for nature.
Of course, there are exceptions , but overall, we are not very nice.
I think it's the horrible greedy selfish and violent that's the minority... they're the exceptions. Most people are rather nice, in my experience.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
In Waitrose there is a large ish container for donations for the local food bank.
I have seen people taking items from the container as they pass by on the way out of the store. :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It is true that most people are perfectly decent, but...

... It is a bit like going out on the bike - you may be overtaken by 100 considerate, careful drivers, but the one that you remember is the homicidal lunatic who overtook you with inches to spare, going at double the speed limit!

I've left my old turbo trainer outside my house for the last week and no one has took it
I spotted one left out locally. It was there for a week before someone had it!

Somebody had put a set of bookshelves out on the pavement, filled with books for people to take. I saw that the books were gradually being removed over a week or so; I was half expecting to see a pile of books on the ground and the shelves missing, but it didn't happen.

Top Bottom