There are some greedy, selfish barstewards around.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, trouble is that puts people off from giving things away or trying to do anything charitable. The only way around it I guess would be to put out just 1 of each item and replenish when it's gone
Obviously, you would think he would work that out himself?
Furthermore I doubt that anyone one of the greedy barstewards were actually poor in the first place.
Where exactly does he live!!

Near us there is an estate of bungallows for the elderley. A couple (who are both 80ish) have set up a trestle table outside. Their son collects "sell by" food and drinks from supermarkets and puts it out for 'needy' people to help themselves.
Do you mean stuff that is about to go off? It's possible that some of the "beneficiaries" just don't like seeing waste, so took everything they knew they would eat.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The trouble: the minority seem to have a huge effect on others and the planet. :sad:
only because too many people dwell on negativity.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The human race is horrible, greedy, selfish, violent, perverted, destructive, and devoid of respect for nature.
Of course, there are exceptions , but overall, we are not very nice.
Just like animals, you mean. I'm afraid animals are not all little Disney characters with cute natures, they do all the things you describe above and often to a greater extent, but without any of the laws or social restraints most humans live by. The actions of a few are not typical of the rest of us.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Just like animals, you mean. I'm afraid animals are not all little Disney characters with cute natures, they do all the things you describe above and often to a greater extent, but without any of the laws or social restraints most humans live by. The actions of a few are not typical of the rest of us.
very true... only last week i had to shoot a family of fecking beavers for vandalising trees and destroying a babbling brook. twunts!

DRM

Guru
Just like the woman who bought loads of reduced fish at our local co-op, because ooh my cat will love this, trouble is there's kids around these parts whose only hot meal is a school dinner, that fish would have been better going in that direction than than some well off woman's bloody cat :cursing:

Top Bottom