There are some greedy, selfish barstewards around.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've left my old turbo trainer outside my house for the last week and no one has took it

It will make a fortune on ebay.

If you don't have a notice, no-one can know your intentions. And who knows, they might have plenty of greedy mouths to feed themselves? Why assume the worst of people?

Anyway. we seem to disagree about human motivation. Neither of us are psychic, so I'm happy to agree to disagree :smile:
(Unless you want an internet row about some out-of-date sweets! ;-) )

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
TBH Steve I dont think a note saying "please dont take all 44 custards" should be necessary......nor would it make any difference to that sort of person.
It obviously is necessary as then the miscreant could be arrested for theft... possibly.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
It obviously is necessary as then the miscreant could be arrested for theft... possibly.
haha.....I can see that newspaper heading. "Arrested for stealing out of date custard tarts" ^_^^_^

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you don't have a notice, no-one can know your intentions. And who knows, they might have plenty of greedy mouths to feed themselves? Why assume the worst of people?

Anyway. we seem to disagree about human motivation. Neither of us are psychic, so I'm happy to agree to disagree :smile:
(Unless you want an internet row about some out-of-date sweets! ;-) )
Agree to disagree ^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can't see anybody being arrested for the great custard tart heist... Exceeding one's allocation of free ageing comestibles isn't exactly a hanging offence! :laugh: (Though I agree - it IS a bit greedy/selfish.)

Somebody had put a set of bookshelves out on the pavement, filled with books for people to take. I saw that the books were gradually being removed over a week or so; I was half expecting to see a pile of books on the ground and the shelves missing, but it didn't happen.
I was cycling past those bookshelves again this evening and decided to see what was on offer. There were a few large hardback books that might be worth reading but I didn't want to cart any of them with me on my ride so I left them (I might go back tomorrow to see if they are still there, but rain is forecast and I think the householders take the books indoors during bad weather.)

I spotted a small paperback copy of bestseller Das Café am Rande der Welt: Eine Erzählung über den Sinn des Lebens so I took that for my stepdaughter (she has a BA in German). (Hmm... £7.04 at Amazon - a good saving!)

I think other people have been adding books to the shelves because they start to empty but keep getting topped up. I might add a few of my old books to the shelves when I stop at them again.

Top Bottom