There is no way I'll ever get Di2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
I love gadgets, my car pretty much drives itself when I want it to and I've got Di2 on 2 bikes :laugh: It takes all sorts :okay:

I really like gadgets too but they really need to be well designed and the rest are too many bugs that will be fixed "later in" with a software update.

In the old days, tech support used to say "have you reviewed your computer?". These days they ask "have youninstallyo the latest update?" Grrrr.

Back on topic, I agree. Bad enough with computers, and I like computers!

D

Deleted member 26715

It worries me that people will come to rely on that kind of technology - "I definitely was not driving too close to the cyclist; the car would have warned me if I had been..."!
What do you mean 'will' they already have, most think ABS will protect them on snow & or on ice, it also means they can drive 6 feet off the back bumper

I don’t understand what Di2 does any better than any other gear change system. One of the best things about owning a bike is it’s simplicity, no electrics at all, nothing to charge, no built in obsolescence. Simple.
I've only ever ridden one bike with Di2 and it was magnificent. Stopping on too high a gradient for the gear you're in? None of this lift rear wheel clack clack clack spin clack clack clack stuff; instead, buttery smooth transitions. Also, no indexing issues, cable stretch or misalignment after initial setup.
When it works it cannot be beaten.

Conversely I know someone who had an early model Di2 which died in the middle of a ride, they were stuck in the gear they had with no options for bodging.

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
I've only ever ridden one
When it works it cannot be beaten.

I agree.

Right now my kid wants me to sort out his Xbox account. So I'm working with tech at work, I had a small issue with tech at home, and now I'm still screwing around with tech sorting Xbox out. All I want to do is chill out for a bit. And this damn soft keyboard isn't helping matters.
All this constant on and on dealing with tech is getting crazy. I really don't know how to fix things that are not "tech" any more.

Drago

Legendary Member
Ifs an amazing, incredible, technical tour de force, astonishing, genuinely high performance gear.

However, it leaves me cold. It answers a question I hadn't asked. It adds needless complexity to a device that had already been refined to a wonderful pinnacle of mechanical efficiency and simplicity over 150 years.

However, someone else may simply get a raging boner for bling, and if that's their thing then fair play indeed to them.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Lincolnshire I feel is the tailgating capital of the universe, ACC should be fitted as standard as it would help keep some of them back.
I would'na rely on it too much.

View: https://youtu.be/_47utWAoupo

lane

Veteran
I agree.

Right now my kid wants me to sort out his Xbox account. So I'm working with tech at work, I had a small issue with tech at home, and now I'm still screwing around with tech sorting Xbox out. All I want to do is chill out for a bit. And this damn soft keyboard isn't helping matters.
All this constant on and on dealing with tech is getting crazy. I really don't know how to fix things that are not "tech" any more.

There is something wrong here, Your kid should be sorting YOUR tech out not the other way round.

I don’t understand what Di2 does any better than any other gear change system. One of the best things about owning a bike is it’s simplicity, no electrics at all, nothing to charge, no built in obsolescence. Simple.

Err,multiple shifts, self-trim of the front mech, sprint shifters to name three.

Oh and charge lasts for a good while with the current battery and you can always leave it on charge when not in use.

Top Bottom