There is no way I'll ever get Di2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
I'm not saying Di2 is not good, in fact I think it's great and Shimano done a splendid job so if anyone else wants to get it, I will warm heartedly recommend it.

The reason I won't get Di2 is because I don't want yet another device that does software updates, has a million configuration options, gets a software update and changes the menu items around.

Annoyance: I just spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to adjust the volume of the beeps that come from the TV when I go muck around with the options. Someone had changed it but they didn't own up. Cycling is fun for me and I don't want to turn it into a flamin' techno fest. Grrrr.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My car is actually a computer with an engine and wheels. Woe betide you if the computer gets a bag on.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Sat in a brand new car last week and I know this makes me sound like a doddering old fart, but all I could think was WHY? And how are you supposed to even concentrate on driving when all those 'systems' are trying to get your attention and communicate with you continuously. It even beeped and flashed everytime I drove past a lamp post (or that's what it seemed to be doing).

pawl

Legendary Member
Sat in a brand new car last week and I know this makes me sound like a doddering old fart, but all I could think was WHY? And how are you supposed to even concentrate on driving when all those 'systems' are trying to get your attention and communicate with you continuously. It even beeped and flashed everytime I drove past a lamp post (or that's what it seemed to be doing).

I will join you as boring old fart.Not work out after 18 months ownership how to use the cruise control.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No, definitely some kind of proximity or collision warning, it kept triggering as I passed parked cars or turned into sidestreets/carparks, etc.
It worries me that people will come to rely on that kind of technology - "I definitely was not driving too close to the cyclist; the car would have warned me if I had been..."!

Mind you, I suppose that when we have self-driving cars that technology will be doing ALL of the work.

I will join you as boring old fart.Not work out after 18 months ownership how to use the cruise control.
I could no longer own a car without cruise control, or that I couldn't retrofit it to.

Slick

Guru
We've already went OT so don't feel too bad about sharing the fact I hired a car yesterday and could actually feel the car take control if I got too close to the white line. It even seemed to know the difference between drifting and deliberately trying it. Witchcraft. :wacko:

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
My car is actually a computer with an engine and wheels. Woe betide you if the computer gets a bag on.
I hate all that media-connected-to-phone stuff. Usually works first time then gets into a twist afterwards. If they can make it work reliably, even if it has less functions, I'm all for it .But all these xompcompawant to do is add more and more functions but not fix the existing bugs. Highly annoying .

Top Bottom