There's good news and bad news...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

redfox said:
I feel for you Will!

That was my first thought as well.

Endura "should" do the honourable thing.

Pete

Justified to feel a bit aggrieved, maybe, but please, folks, let's not start slanging off Endura until they've had a chance to put their case. No threatening with the lawyers or the heavy mob please! They've almost certainly made a genuine mistake, they're a reputable company, they deserve a hearing: I hope there will be an amicable solution.

Smeggers

Quite suits my sense of humour to have a dodgy spelling one I think...

So if you wanna sell one in XL - drop me a PM!

Mortiroloboy

Reminds me of when, many years ago my force went from the old style folding card warrant, to the new credit card type warrant, some eijit in Corp Comms/Media Resources had mis-spelled the force name! when it was pointed out to them (after they had all been issued) they said it was a deliberate ploy to stop people making one themselves, the reasoning behind that gem was...who on earth would think of mispelling the name! Er , apart from a department within it's own organisation that is:ohmy:

Make Endura sort the problem out, it was their fault afterall. BTW I didn't order a shirt, I have soooo many Mrs M would go banana's if I bought another jersey, maybe in the future though, how much are they?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Admin said:
We could even have a game of Spot The Friedly's when we meet up for a forum run. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

Oh no! You know what people are like, there'll be a friendly clique and a friedly clique, and it'll be all "we're better than you" and lead to factions and no doubt further war in the Middle East.....

Also, if the missing n happens to fall in the chest area, it might lead to misunderstandings as people stare hard to see if it's there or not...;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
User259iroloboy said:
Reminds me of when, many years ago my force went from the old style folding card warrant, to the new credit card type warrant, some eijit in Corp Comms/Media Resources had mis-spelled the force name! when it was pointed out to them (after they had all been issued) they said it was a deliberate ploy to stop people making one themselves, the reasoning behind that gem was...who on earth would think of mispelling the name! Er , apart from a department within it's own organisation that is:ohmy:

Although, I gather that the Ordnance Survey and AtoZ and organisations like that put deliberate mistakes in their maps, so that they can see when people just rip them off. But I suspect in your case, that was some pretty quick thinking by someone whose head was on the block....;)

postman

Legendary Member
Well done It does look great.My shirt has gone back today.Via recorded delivery.Will talk with Endura Monday.

Pete

Arch said:
Although, I gather that the Ordnance Survey and AtoZ and organisations like that put deliberate mistakes in their maps, so that they can see when people just rip them off. But I suspect in your case, that was some pretty quick thinking by someone whose head was on the block....:biggrin:
I was told a similar tale by our maths master at school - about log tables (who else remembers log tables? ;)). The publishers used to print deliberate errors in the fourth decimal place, scattered around the tables, to catch the plagiarist. Of course this was way before the days of calculators, and no-one had access to a computer, so there was no way of checking up on this. He may have just been pulling our log leg.... :biggrin:

Top Bottom