thieving b@stard scum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
don't know yet
I'd pool "resources" and get the police up. Dealing with all as one event, not four separate ones.

Drago

Legendary Member
Depending on the car they no longer have to gain access to the house for several makes that have keyless entry systems, they manage to spoof the keys to unlock the car & start it, then plug in the laptop & code a new key to it.

Mrs D got her new Volvo yesterday, and this is one of the things I enquired about. Volvo now have a thing that once the keys are put down, hung up etc, after 45 seconds without detecting any motion they shut down and will not operate until they are physically moving again. This prevents the little Herbert's from standing outside the house and scanning the signal from afar. The nice sales chap told us that Ford have started using a similar set up to prevent these keyless thefts.

postman

Legendary Member
Sorry to read this shi=== news.Many years ago it happened to us.They broke the front door down,we were away on holiday.What was worst was the knowledge the scum were in our house.All the best.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
bastards...… fekin bastards, I asked a neighbour to check his cctv, ...........its not good footage it was pouring down but at3.10 this morning three scrotes can be seen mooching about, at 3.15 another scrote runs towards our house just as my car is driven off the drive , jumps in and off they go.
fekin horrible to watch, I almost wish I hadn't seen it, I cant see the footage being any use though its very grainy due to the rain :cursing::cursing:

The footage should be better on the hard drive. It can be grainy via the phone etc due to data bandwidth.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Mrs D got her new Volvo yesterday, and this is one of the things I enquired about. Volvo now have a thing that once the keys are put down, hung up etc, after 45 seconds without detecting any motion they shut down and will not operate until they are physically moving again. This prevents the little Herbert's from standing outside the house and scanning the signal from afar. The nice sales chap told us that Ford have started using a similar set up to prevent these keyless thefts.

Do the new ones also shut down the engine if they haven't moved out the middle lane for 45 seconds?

vickster

Legendary Member
Do the new ones also shut down the engine if they haven't moved out the middle lane for 45 seconds?
:laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

That must be a change in the last 10 months if it's a XC60 have a read of https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289773

Top Bottom