Things I *just* don't understand ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I got some new specs this week and the instructions (WTF?!) told me to avoid all contact with mercury. They were silent on strontium 90.

krushavik

When this happens I put my full beam on on smile.
I don't understand why people ( mainly women I must add in a non-sexist manner ) wander aimlessly round the supermarket, finger up bum, mind in neutral getting in the way of those who just want to get in buy stuff and go.

I don't understand why drivers, especially when it's dark, have to sit with their foot on the brake pedal at traffic lights giving you a face full of high intensity brake light.

krushavik

I'm retired and you won't get me nowhere near a shop at weekends. The only shop I go in is one that sells mugs of tea and cakes halfway thru a bike ride.
Why do retired people shop at the weekend?

I know some shops give them a 10% discount on Wednesdays - Should then not have a 10% surcharge on Saturday to keep them away when everyone who does not have much time to chat to the girl on the checkout want to shop.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I don't know where all the leaves go for their holidays in winter.

My back garden.
smile.gif

Sam Kennedy

I don't understand why water expands as it gets colder.

There is a partial negative charge on the oxygen atom, and a partial positive charge on the hydrogen atom, this forms a hydrogen bond, as the temperature decreases, there is less kinetic energy, so the hydrogen bonds will be less likely to break, forcing the molecules into a crystalline structure, which means the water will expand. * ** ***

* (I've made it even harder to understand haven't I?)
** (I got an 'E' in Chemistry)
*** (There are people here who know a LOT more than me about Chemistry!)

Top Bottom