Things I *just* don't understand ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
There are some things in this world that I well and truly don't understand ...

For example, why is it that motons will quite happily sit in a queue for 15 minutes, waiting for a car parking space that is fully 50 metres closer to the supermarket entrance?!! I always park at the back of the car park when it's busy (which is completely empty 99% of the time). I was particularly irked by this the other day when I had to sit in the sodding queue, looking wistfully at the rows and rows of empty spaces, which I couldn't get to because there were so many motons queueing for the paltry handful of spaces right by the doors ... AND beeping at each other!

I don't understand string theory.

You need a separate thread for this.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There are some things in this world that I well and truly don't understand ...

For example, why is it that motons will quite happily sit in a queue for 15 minutes, waiting for a car parking space that is fully 50 metres closer to the supermarket entrance?!! I always park at the back of the car park when it's busy (which is completely empty 99% of the time). I was particularly irked by this the other day when I had to sit in the sodding queue, looking wistfully at the rows and rows of empty spaces, which I couldn't get to because there were so many motons queueing for the paltry handful of spaces right by the doors ... AND beeping at each other!

I agree with you and haven't got the foggiest what the others are on about.... but I decided I didn't want to know either so left it un-googled.

But equally I never understood my next door neighbour who would set off to school a full 20 mins before me so he could park in the nearest spot to the school and sit in his car reading his paper waiting for his 10 year old to come out. OK he would get back about 5 (10/20 etc) mins before us but that was because we were enjoying chatting with folk.

I don't understand why people ( mainly women I must add in a non-sexist manner ) wander aimlessly round the supermarket, finger up bum, mind in neutral getting in the way of those who just want to get in buy stuff and go.

I don't understand why drivers, especially when it's dark, have to sit with their foot on the brake pedal at traffic lights giving you a face full of high intensity brake light.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I just don't understand ....

Dan B

Disengaged member
I don't understand why drivers, especially when it's dark, have to sit with their foot on the brake pedal at traffic lights giving you a face full of high intensity brake light.
I would happily see it be made an offence to display high-level brake lights when stationary. Perhaps the C&U law could also be changed to make it legal for them not to come on unless the vehicle is moving (presently they have to be linked to the other brake lights if fitted)

martint235

Dog on a bike
I don't understand why I'm committed to cycling to Brighton at midnight when I don't like cycling in the dark.... I'll still do it though.

Why do retired people shop at the weekend?

I know some shops give them a 10% discount on Wednesdays - Should then not have a 10% surcharge on Saturday to keep them away when everyone who does not have much time to chat to the girl on the checkout want to shop.

Top Bottom