Things I *just* don't understand ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

There are some things in this world that I well and truly don't understand ...

For example, why is it that motons will quite happily sit in a queue for 15 minutes, waiting for a car parking space that is fully 50 metres closer to the supermarket entrance?!! I always park at the back of the car park when it's busy (which is completely empty 99% of the time). I was particularly irked by this the other day when I had to sit in the sodding queue, looking wistfully at the rows and rows of empty spaces, which I couldn't get to because there were so many motons queueing for the paltry handful of spaces right by the doors ... AND beeping at each other!

Lazy people will do anything to save themselves 100 steps.

I don't know where all the leaves go for their holidays in winter.

In my garden I have spent another four hours raking them up.

ThePainInSpain

I just don't understand the appeal of dahlias.

BESTCUTS.jpg

I can, really used to fancy her, and she's a bloody good cook................:wub:

You just pick one up and hold it near something made of iron. Persevere - you'll soon get the hang of it after a few tries!

Yes, I know that, but how does the magnet "know" there is iron (or cobalt or nickel) near?

PBancroft

There are some things in this world that I well and truly don't understand ...

For example, why is it that motons will quite happily sit in a queue for 15 minutes, waiting for a car parking space that is fully 50 metres closer to the supermarket entrance?!! I always park at the back of the car park when it's busy (which is completely empty 99% of the time). I was particularly irked by this the other day when I had to sit in the sodding queue, looking wistfully at the rows and rows of empty spaces, which I couldn't get to because there were so many motons queueing for the paltry handful of spaces right by the doors ... AND beeping at each other!

People are lazy.

I live across the road from a shop. Rather than park in the shop carpark a lot of patrons park on the road, thus inconveniencing anyone else trying to get by. Why do they do it? Possibly because they perceive the road as being closer to the door, I guess... which is odd as the shop is set quite a way back. Most of the car park is actually nearer... :wacko:

I'm retired and you won't get me nowhere near a shop at weekends. The only shop I go in is one that sells mugs of tea and cakes halfway thru a bike ride.

The exceptions to the rule will be Tea shops, hat shops and wherever old people shop for their clothes*. That should not affect anyone else.

*where do old people buy their clothes? Is it all from the ads in the Radio Times? You never see shops with old peoples stuff in the window. Is it in a secret room somewhere out the back?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I don't understand why people ( mainly women I must add in a non-sexist manner ) wander aimlessly round the supermarket, finger up bum, mind in neutral getting in the way of those who just want to get in buy stuff and go.

I don't understand why drivers, especially when it's dark, have to sit with their foot on the brake pedal at traffic lights giving you a face full of high intensity brake light.

Have you ever had an 'electronic' handbrake? .... whoever thought those up at VW/Audi and Volvo want their bumps feeling....

Top Bottom