Things I *just* don't understand ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edwardd67

2 things i don't understand!

Firstly paperboys/girls why they are being driven around their round by a parent ?

Secondly why people who use my Gym always want to park nearest to the door?

Regrads

ED

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Why the hell do women want to "communicate" all the frickin' time? Can't they be content with just getting on with stuff? Talking about it simply wastes time.
smile.gif

sheddy

Legendary Member
I don't understand why 'Delilah' is regarded as one of the all-time great love anthems. Just listen to the lyrics, will you?
(Unless you think that stabbing your woman for being a slut is romantic.)

The John Otway version makes more (non)sense

Arch

Married to Night Train
Which is exactly the point.

The ultimate question is "what is six times nine" and the ultimate answer is "42".

Either that explains everything or that's because the earth was destroyed just before the program was completed, choose your own ending. :smile:

Yes, but the Question was extracted via the random Scrabble letters from Arthur's brain. Arthur should have been a last generation product of the programme, having evolved from the cavemen (who didn't live in caves) on prehistoric Earth. But he wasn't evolved from them, because of the Golgafrinchams who got in the way. Hence the question was garbled.

So I think the Ultimate Question would have turned out to have been 6 x 7, if evolution had worked, which is more correct, but no more comprehensible as an Ultimate Question.

I'm surprised more people haven't adopted Douglas Adams as a religion, you know. There's plenty of scope for ecumenical debate.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Allsorts? Don't mind if I do...
*Nom*

Ah, there you go. Liquorice Allsorts. Ugh. Dirty rotten excuses for sweets in my opinion. Yuk.

Although I always thought the ones with coloured bobbles on looked pretty.

Norm

Yes, but the Question was extracted via the random Scrabble letters from Arthur's brain. Arthur should have been a last generation product of the programme, having evolved from the cavemen (who didn't live in caves) on prehistoric Earth. But he wasn't evolved from them, because of the Golgafrinchams who got in the way. Hence the question was garbled.
You know, when I posted, I knew there was a third possibility but I couldn't bloody remember it.

You are, of course, correct Arch that this is a third possiblity. IIRC, this one even features in the books, put forward by Ford Prefect, wasn't it? I'm a bit blurry between the books, the radio series and the the (frankly disappointing) films.

gavintc

Guru
Ah, there you go. Liquorice Allsorts. Ugh. Dirty rotten excuses for sweets in my opinion. Yuk.

Although I always thought the ones with coloured bobbles on looked pretty.

I do not like those ones. They taste horrid.

Tuna - they seem to be a different produce when fresh or canned, but I like them both.

Top Bottom